Charles Fischer

Recruiting Update! Ducks vs. Huskies

Our Beloved Ducks are still in the top ten in the nation, and I would like to think we may climb before the season is done.  Holding scholarships for portal players might be a priority though with such an exodus of players leaving as discussed in yesterday's FishDuck article.

10-8-23 Recruiting Ranking for Oregon.jpg

Below is where the Huskies are, and the good news is that they've climbed above from No. 59 the last time we checked!  (To No. 50!)

UW Recruiting Update 10-8-23.jpg

Yep, going into the B1G next year--Oregon has 15 of the 4/5-Star players, while Washington has just 5 from this recruiting class. Just the way we like it!

Mr. FishDuck

I also anticipate a bump in the recruiting rankings once we hit December. It's pretty clear that Oregon likes to hang around in players recruitment even after they verbally committed. 

And it's December that Oregon is happy to get into a bidding war with players they need to over NIL. They won't do it before December because that doesn't help them... but come December we'll see how things play out. 

Also... you're right Charles... I am expecting Lanning to go into the transfer portal and grab the pieces we need. He has been surgical in using the portal to try and fill team needs. 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 10/8/2023 at 6:59 PM, David Marsh said:

It's pretty clear that Oregon likes to hang around in players recruitment even after they verbally committed. 

Indeed!
image.thumb.png.b73d7ea912b3123a5ef294d6a04f1d6c.png

Saw a recruiting note tonight on the talking dawgs site from our leading recruiting source and an astute judge of talent. While talking about an uncommitted defensive line recruit he said that "..for a month or so this has been a battle between Georgia and Oregon (UGA West)." 

I bring this up for those who lament that Oregon is not getting noticed or recognized like they think they should be. For this guy to use that characterization of the Ducks is a supreme compliment as to what he has observed going on in Eugene this year. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1