Jon Joseph

2023 College Football - ESPN+ Ranks the 11 Undefeated P5 Teams

Bill Connolly at ESPN+ (paywall) ranks the 11 P5 teams that remain undefeated through Week 6. The % after the ranking is the SP+ odds of a team finishing 12-0. All broadcasts are Eastern time.

1. Michigan - vs. Indiana - Noon Fox - 25% - A brutal gauntlet in the B1G, no?

2. Georgia - at Vanderbilt - Noon CBS - 26.3% - Best odds to finish 12-0. Sure looked like #1 to me in Week 6.

3. Ohio State - at Purdue - Noon Peacock - 9.5% - Buckeye fans are not happy about the team playing on The Steaming Bird. 

4. OREGON - at Washington - 3:30 ABC - 8.5%

5. Washington (BOO!) - vs. OREGON - 8.6% - Hmmm. OREGON is 4 and UW is 5 and the Fuskies have the better odds to go undefeated? GIGO?

6. Oklahoma - BYE - 24.1%  - That's one hell of a conference you pieced together Brett. 

7. Penn State - vs. UMass - 5.4% - If you want to tune into this game you are on your own and may I humbly suggest that you Get A Life!

8. Florida State - vs. Syracuse - Noon ABC - 9% - Does this team remind anyone else of the undefeated FSU team that OREGON blew up in the Rose Bowl? A win over no-D LSU and a win at Clemson because Dabo does not have a kicker. (FSU, hand the damn ball off to Trey Benson, and do not allow this pillow fight to interrupt the Ducks broadcast.)

9. USC - at Notre Dame - 7:30 NBC - 3.2% - SC has the 61st SP+ ranked defense. But according to Coach Riley, 'It's All Good.'

10. UNC - vs. the Miami Knee Pads - 7:30 ABC - 5.4%.

11. Louisville - at Pitt - 6:30 - CW Network (?) - 11.8% - Duke and Kentucky at home. At the Miami Fighting Knee Pads but no Clemson and no FSU on the schedule.

1 of UW and OREGON (hopefully UW) will have a loss after Saturday. USC? Who knows if the SC O will show up to help win a shootout in South Bend? Purdue has been a house of horrors for the visiting tOSU.

UNC. Gut check time for Miami and this is the kind of game where Mack Brown tanks. 

It's Hate Saturday. Get your popcorn ready!

• Go Ducks! 1

On 10/10/2023 at 11:13 AM, Jon Joseph said:

OREGON is 4 and UW is 5 and the Fuskies have the better odds to go undefeated? GIGO?

Maybe OR is a slight favorite against UW but UW has an easier schedule after that?

I would bet that the winner of this game shoots up to 40%+ odds to win out.

• Applause 1

On 10/10/2023 at 11:13 AM, Jon Joseph said:

SC has the 61st SP+ ranked defense. But according to Coach Riley, 'It's All Good.'

The rest of the quote must be "for our remaining opponents".

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2

On 10/10/2023 at 1:43 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

but UW has an easier schedule after that?

I think it is a push.

They have ASU, @ Stanford, @ sc, Utah, @ OSU & WSU

We have WSU, @ Utah, Cal, SC, @ ASU & OSU.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2023 at 2:11 PM, Steven A said:

I think it is a push.

They have ASU, @ Stanford, @ sc, Utah, @ OSU & WSU

We have WSU, @ Utah, Cal, SC, @ ASU & OSU.

Agreed. We play Cal, they play Furd, and Cal is slightly better.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2023 at 2:04 PM, Steven A said:

The rest of the quote must be "for our remaining opponents".

Well, not quite.  They do come to Eugene.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh what a HUGE game this is. GOOooooooo Ducks!!!!!