cartm25

Colin Cowherd: Colorado / USC (NIL) vs. Oregon / UW (Substance)

Watched some of The Herd today during lunch. Great segment and I recommend watching/listening to his show today if you can.

Loved this quote from Cowherd:

"Last week Colorado and USC were in the headlines because of the NIL. Washington and Oregon were in the headlines because they're well coached and have substance."

Nice to get a national shout out.

GO DUCKS!!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

With a few more losses I wonder how well Coach Sanders will be able to recruit next year as compared to what he was able to attract this year.

With the schedule Colorado has I don’t see any more than 1 more win.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/17/2023 at 7:22 AM, cartm25 said:

I don't think Colorado will have a problem recruiting.

Probably not, but some of the glitz & glamour may be wearing thin especially if they end up around .500 at season's end.  HS kids have a very short historical perspective.  And watching the really good teams play in the championships and playoffs has an enormous impact on these young men. Coach Sanders will always have his 'star power' but I think it takes more than that in the long run.  At least, i hope so.  

I'm not worried about his recruiting.

They are going to the Big 12.  He will probably be like Riley there, win the league 0 fer in playoffs.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Colin Cowherd is such a USC/LA honk.  I can't listen to him anymore.  Hope he didn't break his leg jumping off of the USC bandwagon...

• Applause 1

On 10/17/2023 at 10:33 AM, Steven A said:

I'm not worried about his recruiting.

They are going to the Big 12.  He will probably be like Riley there, win the league 0 zero in playoffs.

He'll have to get by Utah to win the B12 and Arizona is on the rise. 

B12's  4 Newbies are 1-9 to date in conference play. No B12 teams other than the departees to the SEC are ranked. 

Power 2 and then the ACC and the B12. And how long the ACC will hold together. 

I think we'll see Notre Dame and UNC in the B1G in the next 5 years with 4 5 teams pods and Clemson, FSU, and 2 more teams, in the SEC. 20 teams each. Why dilute beyond this number?

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 2:24 PM, Jon Joseph said:

B12's  4 Newbies are 1-9 to date in conference play. No B12 teams other than the departees to the SEC are ranked

This is why the B12 should stop messing around and bring in OSU and WSU ASAP. It could happen eventually but if the coaching staffs and players bail first, then the schools lose all that precious infrastructure.

• Applause 1

Good thoughts regarding OSU and WSU and I concur. But I cannot write checks on behalf of ESPN and Fox.

• Thumbs Up 1