Pennsylvania Duck

LOOK: Utes Unveil New Helmets vs. Ducks, Oregon and Utah Fans Unsure of Design

The Oregon Ducks aren’t the only team in the nation that breaks out fancy uniforms and helmets each week.

In fact, the Utah Utes are one of the other teams in the Pac-12 who regularly take creative licensing over their logo and color scheme, regularly coming up with alternate uniforms or helmets.

I think that Oregon fans have to respect it.

This weekend, it appears that the Utes will be breaking out some special hand-painted helmets for their top-15 showdown against the Ducks in Salt Lake City.

The helmets celebrate “The Muss,” which is a nod to Utah’s student fan club and athletic teams on campus.

Here’s a closer look at the helmets, as well as some of the reactions to the special-edition lids on social media.

What do you think?

I think it is the most unusual design I've ever seen and not necessarily in a complimentary way...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Utah Utes unveiled new helmets for the game vs. Oregon. Both Duck fans and Utah fans are unsure of the design.

• Mic drop 1

Well, the good news is that Bo won't have any problem sorting out the black helmets vs. the red ones!

Bo Nix_Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter (2).jpg

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Those look great. Well done Utes

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's like putting EMU on OBD helmet?

It's fitting for the Utes to have an ugly helmet. Our uniform choice is the least favorite of mine.

Suggests this game will be an old fashioned slugfest.

If so, our depth should win out.

First, I don’t like our uniform choice for this game. But, wow…that is a horrible helmet design for Utah. That said, they beat us before is some horrible choices. Oh well. Go Ducks! Beat those guys, no matter what we or they are wearing. PS - if we wore the old school road version of last week’s throwbacks I KNOW we would win this game. 

The Ute helmet wouldn't be so bad if it was just red in the back... but that white box and text looks silly.

I suppose Utah fans probably have a connection to the MUSS thing... so I'm sure they'll love it. But the back panel looks like a wall of text and is pretty ugly.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Kansas helmets today are actually uglier.