candyduck

Will The NCAA Finally Put Their Foot Down In 2024?

Nothing is more frustrating to me in the football world this time of year.  While the PAC (soon to be BIG10) is beating each other up with a 9 game schedule, the SEC and the ACC are still playing 8.  I hate seeing the uneven playing field from conference to conference!

My proposal...of course something the ducks have done for years.

1 power 5 (or whatever it will be called next year) opponent.

1 Div. 1 opponent from other conference or independent

1 tune up game

It shouldn't be that tough to make all conferences where to this.  Nothing bugs me more seeing Alabama or LSU playing the Citadel or someone like that in Nov. even though.

Come on NCAA, stand up to the bullies!

Once in the BIG with the travel and heavy weight lines....Schedule Hawaii for recruiting purposes with the game 9/10 days prior to the regular season.......and Portland State and Oregon State (assuming they revert to traditional levels of performance once they enter the mountain west).

Very little travel, except to Hawaii every other year and all three games should be no brainers. Continue the civil war, see a nice beach and smash a tune up.

• Thumbs Up 1

The NCAA will not involve itself in schedule making.

I think by 2026, at least, the SEC will be playing 9 conference games. But the ACC's schedule for the next 7 seasons stays at 8 conference games. 5 years and all 18 B1G teams will play one another. 7 years for the ACC to do so.

I like that last night the committee only had 2 ACC teams in the top 25. And FSU and Louisville will not play before the ACC champ game if then.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for the clarification Jon.  Never made sense to me.

Everyone else, sorry for the grammatical errors, early morning rant!🤣 Don't know how to edit!

Seems like asking someone to make sure you don't run 28.2 miles, instead of the 26.2 everyone else does when running a marathon.

The morons in the Pac-12 and BIG don't seem to understand they are at a disadvantage and must think it is impressing somebody?

I doubt the NCAA will do anything other than a parade wave after getting whacked over the NIL deal.

The NCAA is what happens when you have somebody from the uw run something. Mark Emmert was to the NCAA what Larry Scott was to the Pac-12.

Somehow a guy who was in charge of the dawgs when they hired Tyrone Willingham and then Steve 'Cutty Shark' Sarkisian was promoted to run the NCAA, just wow!

One of the greatest periods, in Oregon's opinion, of dawgs history bar none. Love what the guy did for the dawgs, not so much the NCAA.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/1/2023 at 10:15 AM, candyduck said:

Thanks for the clarification Jon.  Never made sense to me.

Everyone else, sorry for the grammatical errors, early morning rant!🤣 Don't know how to edit!

Pretty simple.

Click on the three dots in the right corner, and then click on "Edit."  Two clicks...that's it.  You can fix your post within the first hour of posting.

For more how to do stuff in a post--go to the top menu bar that has the logo on it and click on "Directions."

Not picking on you, since I've written this 50 times before for people...

• Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

Trust me Charles, I need all the help I can!!  Think I missed the hot window!

• Applause 1

I'll be honest... This is the least of the NCAAs concerns or what should be their concerns. 

Thr NCAA got slapped down with the NIL case and since then (and even before then) they have been content to take their cut of the revenue and let the conferences and media companies do what they like. 

If the NCAA really wanted to help college sports and protect athletes they would have stepped in and created a media deal that would have been equal for all power conferences and then a deal for all G5 conferences to insulate tradition and conference realignment. 

Fans have been upset by conference realignment schinanaigans more than anything else ... Sure NIL has made some upset as well ... But conference realignment has destroyed traditional rivalries. 

As Duck fans we are fortunate enough to be one of the "winners" in realignment as we are going to the B1G.

But Utah, Colorado, and both Arizona schools are going to the Big 12 which is a second rate conference but that's till a better position than Oregon State and WSU are in with no conference. 

Where has the NCAA been in all this? No where to be found except happy to accept their check. 

This has been an article in the making for myself for some time... But I haven't figured out how I would like to frame the narrative and it's an off season article because I much rather write about football games during the season itself. 

Sorry for the rant. I do agree that the SEC and ACC shouldn't be allowed to play significantly easier schedules... Or more to the point I feel there should be a standardized schedule regulation put in place by the NCAA but they don't want to upset anyone and draw attention to themselves... Just collect their check. 

• Salute 1

À,The NCAA having balls? They have baseballs, basketballs, volleyballs, footballs, soccer balls, and water polo balls in their offices. Regarding governance.... We all know they have selective courage. North Carolina basketball for two hundred Alex.

They won't force the SEC, or B1G into anything. Look at the pandemic season. SEC played the whole year, the B1G reversed course, played half a season. The NCAA doesn't own a pair of boots, they have Elmo light ups that little kids wear on their first day of preschool.

• Thumbs Up 1