CjAllen180

Oregon Ducks: The Team NO Team Wants To Play

I keep seeing that phrase pop up over and over and over again. First it was Kirk Herbstreit who bestowed that honor.

Then, it was some random article on Bleacher Report that I stumbled across while checking scores.

And just now, it was an article on The Oregonian, courtesy of Joe Freeman. 

As talking heads from all over the country continuously heap praises amongst OBD, they all keep coming to the same conclusion.

NOBODY wants to play the Ducks right now. 

What are your thoughts? Let's talk about it!

Y'all, read the last sentence! I literally can't stop seeing this statement being made about our Ducks! 

FB_IMG_1699245409372.jpg

Yeah, ducks are really getting noticed. Another example: On his very popular "Always College Football" podcast, Greg McElroy and his guest Colin Cowherd seemed to agree that the Ducks are one of the top four teams and will beat the Fuskies if such a rematch takes place. Cowherd even said that the Ducks are the only team in the PAC-12 that is built like and looks like an SEC team and would probably beat either Ohio State of Michigan on a neutral field. Not sure I concur with that assessment, but I certainly believe the good guys belong on the same field with them--assuming they keep their eyes on the long prize ahead and keep grinding.

• Thumbs Up 2

If I were to rank teams based off seeing them for a half of a football game. Oregon would be my number one. Quarterback? Bo Nix is a first round talent. Coaching? Sure Lanning makes mistakes, but his team starts fast, and they close the door. Defense? Fast, physical, made a Utah squad that just put up over fifty, look like a Brian Ferentz coached Hawkeye squad. In SLC btw.

Michigan would be the other squad I would put in there, except for the fact they haven't beaten anybody yet. I also expect this story to keep growing off the field, and that is going to be a distraction when they play somebody with equal to superior talent.

Ohio State starts off too slow, and Kyle McCord just isn't good enough imo. Defense is, they are really good.

Georgia  is always my go to, but they haven't looked as dominant as Oregon. Still the betting favorites.

Washington has gone undefeated, but looked far less impressive. In a rematch I see them losing to Oregon. 

Florida State just isn't consistent enough to me. The ACC is terrible as well.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 11:31 AM, GatOrlando said:

If I were to rank teams based off seeing them for a half of a football game. Oregon would be my number one. Quarterback? Bo Nix is a first round talent. Coaching? Sure Lanning makes mistakes, but his team starts fast, and they close the door. Defense? Fast, physical, made a Utah squad that just put up over fifty, look like a Brian Ferentz coached Hawkeye squad. In SLC btw.

Michigan would be the other squad I would put in there, except for the fact they haven't beaten anybody yet. I also expect this story to keep growing off the field, and that is going to be a distraction when they play somebody with equal to superior talent.

Ohio State starts off too slow, and Kyle McCord just isn't good enough imo. Defense is, they are really good.

Georgia  is always my go to, but they haven't looked as dominant as Oregon. Still the betting favorites.

Washington has gone undefeated, but looked far less impressive. In a rematch I see them losing to Oregon. 

Florida State just isn't consistent enough to me. The ACC is terrible as well.

I can't say I disagree with you there.

Sabin has Bama getting better every week. The GOAT should never be over looked. What he is doing down there this year might just be the best coaching of his career. 

Being a Duck fan, saying Ducks are the scariest team to play hold no weight. I am not a Bama fan and I would not want to play the Tide right now. Except I do because I want the Ducks to play the best teams, but thats beside the point.

Bama/UGA in SEC title game could sink the Ducks playoff hopes. Not sure UGA can beat Bama. 1 loss conf champ Alabama and a 1 loss Bulldogs makes things complicated for Oregon.

Need Mich to lose to PSU Saturday and get rolled by tOSU. Need Miami to catch lightning in a bottle this weekend. And the Ducks need to dismantle the rest of the pac and then destroy a 12-0 Fusky.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/6/2023 at 9:31 AM, GatOrlando said:

Washington has looked a lot like last year's TCU. Good and with a solid offense but a whole lot of luck at times to get them a win. 

You mean Colin Cowherd who NEVER has anything good to say about the Ducks actually gave them a compliment. The one who couldn't get out of the Northwest fast enough and was from Aberdeen, Wa. That Colin Cowherd? Hard to believe.

I can't blame Colin for bolting the Portland market for ESPN and the big leagues. 

Oregon 54 - USC 32

Big discussion tonight on one of the Dawg forums about the 24 draft regarding whether Bo Nix is a first-rounder. The consensus was not likely, although as a jury member , my own verdict is still up in the air. I think that if the Ducks reach the playoff and Bo has a good game in one such game, he gets a first-round grade. But we shall see what we shall see.

This was from Lee Corso today on College GameDay...

'Oregon is the team I'd least like to play;' Lee Corso has Ducks above everyone else

When asked to list his top four schools, Corso said it should be Oregon, Michigan, Georgia, and Texas. This group would leave out Ohio State, Florida State, and Washington, all of whom are currently ranked ahead of the Ducks in the CFP standings.

It’s Oregon who stands apart in that group for Corso, though.

“Right now, if I was coaching, it’s Oregon who is the team that I’d least like to play,” Corso said.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

ESPN’s beloved analyst Lee Corso says it’s the Oregon Ducks who are playing like the best team in the nation going into the stretch...
  • Go Ducks! 1