Charles Fischer

Colin Cowherd: 'Bo Nix is First-Round NFL Draft Pick'

I was driving to an appointment, and was listening to sports radio for a few minutes and Colin Cowherd was discussing all the NFL teams that will draft a quarterback.  He believes that minimum five, and maybe six teams will draft a quarterback in the 2024 draft in April and was explaining that "there are not enough QBs that are top quality available."

"I see only four for certain for the first round; Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Michael Penix, and Bo Nix.  That's it. The rest are question marks..."

Wowsa.  He sees Nix going high in the first round, and it got me to thinking about how much transferring to Oregon has meant for Bo, and how much the extra year has boosted his stock.

What a great confirmation story for potential QB transfers!

Bo and Justin_Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

A few more games with the accuracy shown against Cal and it could become a reality.

What a great deal. We got Bo Nix for 2 years, and he got his career rebooted!

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I kind of got tired of Cowherd's schtick a couple years ago but heard him for a couple minutes last week.

He was saying Bo to the Patriots around five.  As a lifelong Pats fan(Jim Plunkett days), I hope this doesn't happen to him unless Brady is waiting in the wings to become OC and QB coach, which I doubt very seriously!!  I'm more of a Bo fan than Bill fan now.

Personally like to see him go later in the first round to a team on the verge of making the playoffs with some decent talent.  Jets, Rams, Seahawks come to mind.  Yes they have proven QBs but let him sit a year and soak it in then tear it up.

Edited by candyduck
  • Thumbs Up 1

Great fit with Seahawks and Pete Carroll 

Bo to the Rams!!!

Then both my LA teams will have Duck QBs.

And Bo can hand-off to Royce Freeman.

🤩🤩

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Bo reminds me a bit of JB in Cincinnati.

2 plays in the Cal game that stood out and makes Cowherds statment legit IMO.

I am going off of memory from Saturday so I don't remember all the details.

1. The play Bo was working out to the right, ducked under the rusher and threw a dime to Holden(?). That one got me out of my seat. What a great play.

2. Bo was droped back in the pocket. Pocket started to collapse on the backside. Bo intelligently and patiently worked his back into and through the pocket as it was tightening around him. 

These are two of the best QB plays I have seen Bo make.  The way he worked that pocket on #2 is a play very few QBs can make. Caleb made the same play later that night v. Fusky.

Add in his ability to OC from the LOS and Bo is the best QB in the country right now. 

• Applause 1
  • Like 1