FishDuck Article

The Oregon Ducks Offense: Touch Pass Sweep

The Oregon Ducks offense is an absolute machine this season. According to ESPN, the unit is averaging 540 yards per game and 47.4 points per game. Those are averages that Oregon hasn’t hit since 2014 and 2012 respectively. Coach Will Stein has done a tremendous job taking over the Ducks offense and he has added wrinkles that have helped elevate ...

FISHDUCK.COM

The Oregon Ducks offense is an absolute machine this season. According to ESPN, the unit is averaging 540 yards per game and 47.4...
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Thanks Cosch for taking the time to breakdown and explain the Touch Pass Sweep play.

All your breakdowns and explanations have enhanced this Duck's enjoyment of watching for the plays during the games.

Just another plus to this fabulous OBD Forum. Truly appreciate your articles......

Go Ducks..........

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2023 at 2:05 AM, FishDuck Article said:

The Oregon Ducks offense is an absolute machine this season. According to ESPN, the unit is averaging 540 yards per game and 47.4 points per game. Those are averages that Oregon hasn’t hit since 2014 and 2012 respectively. Coach Will Stein has done a tremendous job taking over the Ducks offense and he has added wrinkles that have helped elevate ...

Source

Read the full article here...

Coach, I don't suppose this is the play that the Ducks were running when the ball was snapped early hitting Tez Johnson's hip and resulting in a TD by Cal, was it?

• Thumbs Up 1

Excellent analysis again Coach Eric!  Thanks for reviewing game film and giving us fans your insight to this year's offense.

It helps me to change the setting on the video playback speed to 0.5 and watch in slow motion.

I'm sure that the coaches have taught TE Ferguson and LT Conerly how to improve their foot path on blocking this play.  I love that the players are buying into the mindset of going to the doctor to improve.

Coach Lanning asking for 1% improvement every day is helping this team be such an explosive offense.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2023 at 9:07 AM, Mic said:

Coach, I don't suppose this is the play that the Ducks were running when the ball was snapped early hitting Tez Johnson's hip and resulting in a TD by Cal, was it?

I don’t think so. The play with the fumble, Tez was motioning completely across the formation. If it was this play, that’d mean the ball was snapped way too early since Tez would have to still complete the motion and start his return before the snap. 

• Thanks 1

I would like to see JPJ pull on this play. He picked up a blocker quite a ways down field and out of the play. JPJ has great quicks and footwork. More than capable of executing that pull.

Marcus Harper II at left  gaurd looked like he didn't have an assignment and could easily make that block into 2nd/3rd level that JPJ made.

JPJ, Harper and Jones where under utilized on this play imo. I think all 3 of these interior guys have the skill set to punch a hole on the outside edge.

Using JPJ reduces pre-snap penaties by the guards getting to jumpy in anticipation of the assignment.

But I am not a coach so it's just an opinion/observation of a fan in his recliner eating nachos and sippin suds

ln the Gulf Coast Offense, Taggart ran a Jet-Sweep, but we did not pull players like this.  I like it as it is our own updated version of "Student Body Right."

FISHDUCK.COM

Charles Fischer of FishDuck.com analyzes a misdirection play series that launched Willie Taggart and will be the foundation of the Oregon offense next season.

And a fellow detailed the Lead-Sweep and Jet-Sweep under Chip Kelly of which is a variation, but different from above. Thanks so much to Coach Boles!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Very cool analysis, thanks Coach Boles!  I really dig plays like this, essentially a headfake to the opposite side then the WR takes the ball and follows a bunch of blockers for a 7 yard game.  Simple, effective, and 7 yards gets you into great position for that 1st if you haven't gotten it already.  Love it.