NIL

Facilities

Fan Base and Alumni Support

Conference (good thing he is looking at next year) and Recruiting

WWW.MSN.COM

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Oregon has made one CFP while A&M has never made it."

Wrong, as we all know, Oregon has made two appearances. 

I will say that a packed out A&M stadium with just under 103,000 fans is quite impressive. But Oregon is definitely the better gig.

Unless I am mistaken,  the Ducks have made only 1 CFP appearance since it was established in 2014.

The Ducks Natty appearance against Auburn was under the old, biased, self-serving BCS system.

But the Oregon job and program, currently is head and shoulders above the cash machine known as ATM.

Go Ducks.....beat ASU.....

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2023 at 8:49 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

But the Oregon job and program, currently is head and shoulders above the cash machine known as ATM.

I don't think coaches see it this way. Who has Oregon attracted in the past few coaching hires?

Lets see... a relative no name Chip Kelly, Willie Taggart and Mario Cristobal. All of them unknowns at the time of their hires.

Now they have first time head coach Dan Lanning. Appears to be a great hire but coming in unproven.

Oregon hasn't attracted big name coaches, they have made a few though.

Good point Log Haulin. Oregon has made a few coaching as names. However, not all big name hires work out.

Jimbo Fisher was a big name hire and that didnt work out for the Aggies. The foundation, substance and culture at ATM central is less developed than it is at Oregon.

I guess if both jobs were open and the pay equal, which job would a big name coach choose?

Or if the job was open at usc. Would sc or Atm be more desirable? Or which is the better job?

A good recruiter may choose Atm over Oregon because of Texas high school recruits. It's fertile and ripe for talent. That is a big plus.

In my many business trips to Texas the last 50 years, when we discussed football Atm was always 2nd fiddle to the Longhorns.

I imagine Oregon would probably be well behind Atm in the eyes of Texas football fans......

IMHO opinion, the money will enable Atm to get the big name coach they want. However, at best, that coach has to build a team that can win against The Real Dawgs, the Tide, LSU, Texas and Oklahoma. Ole Miss, The VOLS and Gators are formible, too.

Big, impossible challenges require big pay day rewards.

I love the thoughts and comments on this Forum.

• Applause 1

On 11/18/2023 at 9:25 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

I love the thoughts and comments on this Forum.

I do also. I don't always agree with others takes and often others don't agree with mine. But the conversations have real substance regardless of opposing views. 

It just makes for a better season experience to have the depth and insights you find here. 

• Thumbs Up 2

There are times that we learn from each other, whether we like it or not!

But it is nice to be able to assert strong views, without being personally attacked, as it occurs on all the other sites.

Hug a Moderator today!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck