Steven A

It's Official, There Will be a Pac 2

NCAA is allowing OSU and WSU to be a two team conference.

WWW.MSN.COM

So, I guess that means OSU will be in the Championship game next year.

Personally, I don't see a sell out if they stick with Vegas.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1

This is Now going to be Known as the Rock, Paper, Scissors Conference.  Best out of 11 wins!

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2023 at 8:55 AM, Steven A said:

NCAA is allowing OSU and WSU to be a two team conference.

WWW.MSN.COM

So, I guess that means OSU will be in the Championship game next year.

Personally, I don't see a sell out if they stick with Vegas.

Well played by the Beavs and the Cougs, especially considering how little they had to work with.

Hanging onto the PAC, while walking away with a nice, cool, $100 Million each, is not a horrible consolation prize. 

It will also likely open up some other conference possibilities for them as well.

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Like 1

They will blend in MWC teams, maybe an ACC team and keep the 'Pac' moniker. But they will just be a glorified G5 conference. 

They won't get equal voting from playoff committee. 

And no matter what, best recruits won't head to G5 conference, no matter what they call it.

I'm saddened by the loss of the Pac-12, but whatever teams join up now, it won't be the 'Pac' anything in my book.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, as comical as this all seems I'm glad OSU & WSU have won their case and maybe (?) saved the "Pac Conference".  They'll get some good teams to join in and slowly maybe they'll rebuild it up to a decent conference again.  Nothing like it is now, of course, but maybe one the likes of the Mountain West or MAC (by sniping their best teams).

And who amongst us knows?  Maybe this B1G thing falls bust with all the travel logistics and nightmares it's going to create.  It would be nice to know Oregon has a fall-back option just in case.  Because I really can't see the country going to just 4 Super Conferences with West Coast teams playing East Coast teams and NE teams playing SW teams, and SE teams playing ..... you get the drift.

• Thumbs Up 2