TheRunningDuck

The "Civil War"...

Have you noticed that no one is pretending to need a new title for the expiring classic. Go Ducks, win the Civil War.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Well, really.  All the nonsense aside, it's what it really is.  In-state rivals, just 45 minutes apart. One to the NW of the other.  Come-on pc crowd, we're not talking canon and musket fire although come Friday night it might seem like it when the Autzen crowd gets warmed up.

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe it was the players who wanted the name of the game changed. But on Game Day more than once they (the Game Day people) referred to it as the CW.

Edited by Annie
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2023 at 3:28 PM, Annie said:

I believe it was the players who wanted the name of the game changed. But on Game Day more than once they (the Game Day people) referred to it as the CW.

Just one player: Dennis Dixon.   Overreaction ensued.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was for a name change but it has since moved so far into the back burner by both schools that it's been forgotten. 

So at this point it's still the civil war even if it's the unofficial name and that's fine. 

There is a chance that the series will be able to continue next year if they can figure out Oregon's game with BSU. I would think BSU and OSU play that as a non MW conference game and slide in a civil war game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am partial to the “Uncivil War” because it’s a more accurate adjective.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What a bunch of PC crap.  Note that neither the administration of Oregon or Oregon State have come up with a replacement name after a couple of years?

Weak people.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck