DrJacksPlaidPants

Tyler Van Dyke Vague on Future With Canes

This kid was a Freshman phenom until Cristobal got his claws into him. Somehow, Mario convinced him not to transfer to Bama for this season, but now it seems TVD has had enough of this offense.

I don’t think he will venture too far from the East Coast, but I can promise you he will regain his Freshman year form with the right coach.

247SPORTS.COM

Tyler Van Dyke, the Miami Hurricanes' primary starting quarterback over the past three seasons, is unsure if he will play in the bowl game or return to Coral Gables for a fifth season in 2024.

• Applause 1

Tyler Van Dyke (TVD) is an intriguing prospect and I'm sure that there will be a lot of interested teams.  

TVD needs to reduce the number of interceptions.  I haven't seen him play enough to know what he needs to improve but he seems to throw a nice ball and looks mobile enough to escape the pocket and pick up a first down, if needed.

We all know that the regression is due entirely to Mario Cristobal, which is a shame because he looked like a really promising freshman.

Edited by OregonDucks

Bet he is proficient in calling "Dive, A gap Right.... again"

• Haha 2

I’m sure MarinoO’s running backs are tired of slamming their face into the butts of the offensive lineman.

The O linemen are probably tired of it as well. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

If TVD enters the portal I would fully expect Lanning to take a run at him. Send Bo out to Miami and see what kind of recruiting chops Bo has. It wouldn't surprise me if Bo proves elite as a recruiter as well. 

TVD is a long shot. But sending Lanning, Stein and Nix would be pretty awsome to see. 

I think Van Dyke only has one year left of elegability. I don't know if thats a no go for Lanning. Ty Thompson would definitely, imo, transfer out at that point. That would leave TVD and a couple redshirt freshman. 

But TVD can play. Get him in this offense and he could be elite. Would love to see Ducks land a big talent like this but I also think TT could be a big talent like this.

I think bringing in a QB transfer is super rusky under the circumstances. But I also think you have to take a talent like TVD if given the opportunity.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I’m sorry I’m just not seeing much hope in TT.

I think we are going to need someone besides TT.

If he is already in the stable then the coaches will make the correct decision.

If Stein stays then I think TVD is an option otherwise we might see a drastic change in that room for next season. 

Going to be fun to watch no matter the case.