Charles Fischer

Civil War Was Sweet, yet Crap to Our Stats

Holding the Beavers to seven?  Are you fricken kidding me?  Wow, I NEVER would have seen that coming...  And that brought our season average of giving up points from 16.7 points per game to now 15.9, so instead of rounding up to 17 points per game given up...it is now 16 points per game!

But, we dropped from scoring 46.3 points per game to a lowly 45.3 points per game.

You know...that doesn't suck!

Offensive Line_Screenshot from Pac12 Network Video.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Ok, that data makes me feel better.  I was so frustrated throughout the game that we could never (except the last 48 seconds of the first half) really pour the coal.  I wanted a 30+ point win.  Spoiled?  Yes, yes I am.

I just feel that somehow we will get dinged for only scoring 31.  The 7 we gave up will be explained away by OAC having “injuries”, Ohio State and Michigan along with Alabama and Georgia will play very tight games “for the ages”, and just like that we win the Pac and end up playing Ole Miss in the NY6 version of the weed eater bowl.  But….but…..but….SEC!  BIG TEN!  Texas!

We can’t get out of this conference fast enough.  OAC really did screw us one last time just due to them being OAC.  People will wake up this morning on the east coast and see the #6 team beat some chump team by 3 TD’s, not a high level traditional SEC or Big Ten rival.  Oregon State?  They have a football team?  Well, they must just be a one year wonder of course.  The Pac is always soooooo weak.

Rinse and repeat next weekend.

It's a pretty classic reaction across football that anyone that beats Oregon must be really good and anyone that Oregon beats must not be very good. It's been that way for a decade. It's a tell that they just don't like the new kid on the block.

With the way Lanning is building this team and bringing a wrecking ball to the Big 10 2.5 team dynamic I believe that will begin to fade rapidly.

The middle school team in Oregon that took UW all four quarters to beat but was such a quality win over a top 15 team...

OBD just beat some lame team dressed up for Halloween...time for the pundits to chime in.

The only stat that matters last night goes in the win column. We need one more for a chance to get in, and then two more to win it all.

Agree the stats against the dawgs may need to show a beat down to compare against other 1 loss teams. The problem there will be the east coast, SEC, BIG bias, nothing we can do there. 

We do need a big win against the dawgs to help Bo get the Heisman, and to help push us into the playoffs.

We also think the dawgs are a fraud as compared to some other schools. We just have to take care of our business, and let the rest fall into place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Playing for wins, not clicks!!!  

• Applause 1

What's been interesting is seeing how Lanning and Stein have really changed up larger game plan to take care of opponents. 

Against Oregon State and USC Lanning didn't want them to possess the ball too many times. So they concentrated on slower drives. 

Well against USC the first two scores were so fast that it looked like the game might become a boat race but there was some intentional slowing the game down with the run game. 

Against OSU, Lanning knew they wanted to possess the ball and hammer the defense. Oregon is really deep so that didn't quite work but doubly so when the defense kept coming onto the field rested from long offensive drives. 

The downside in both games... Oregon didn't score as many points as they could have if they played with more tempo.

The upside... Two solid wins.