candyduck

Any Whining in Yabba Dabba Dub Land Yet?

Just curious what people might be reading from the fuskies faithful:

We deserve to go to the CFP because A B or C.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty uncomfortable...let's start making our case or make excuses ahead of the Fridays game to cover our bases in case we lose comments.  They seem to be pretty good at that sort of thing.

Edited by candyduck
  • Haha 1

Scrolling through their message boards has been a little surprising to me. Basically the majority are already taking the loss and saying "wow what a great season and we should all be thankful for a NY6 Bowl". 

They know OBD are the better team and are going to put an absolute beat down on the Dawgs. 

• Thumbs Up 2

'Even if we (Dawgs) lose on Friday, we still should be in the CFP because... ummm... well... hmmm... well, because of equity and stuff. C'mon man!'

Because i like seeing what the fuskies think, here are some choice message board inputs

"Anyone else nervous about the refs on Friday and in Vegas? A lot of money on Oregon and could be some weird calls."

"Dawgs are beat up I just can’t see another win, Oregon is playing at their Highest level."

"Oregon right now is better than any of the last 4 teams we've played in our season ending "gauntlet." Probably a lot better."

"Can this team beat Oregon? Definitely not the team we've seen since the first OR game. They will need to completely transform or it's gonna be a long night in LV."

"Washington has been lucky at times (since the Oregon game). Oregon is, by far, the better team at this point. They have more talent, play with more enthusiasm (by far), and they will have revenge on their minds this upcoming Friday."

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Anyone else nervous about the refs on Friday and in Vegas? A lot of money on Oregon and could be some weird calls."

CLASSIC!!🤣🤣

Thanks for sharing!

Most importantly I am sure there is no whining when looking at what DeBoer is doing. While I hate the dawgs, their fanbase and anything purple, I respect DeBoer.

I am sure he is realistic, but has a game plan if executed well can get the dawgs a win. It would also take Oregon playing their worst football, but DeBoer is a gamer. He isn't whining, or given up on the game. 

There may be whining among their fanbase, but there can't be any overconfidence on our part either. I am sure Lanning is putting together a solid game plan, and the players will be ready. 

The last thing we want to be doing is whining about what could have been!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/27/2023 at 2:17 PM, Haywarduck said:

Most importantly I am sure there is no whining when looking at what DeBoer is doing. While I hate the dawgs, their fanbase and anything purple, I respect DeBoer.

I am sure he is realistic, but has a game plan if executed well can get the dawgs a win. It would also take Oregon playing their worst football, but DeBoer is a gamer. He isn't whining, or given up on the game. 

There may be whining among their fanbase, but there can't be any overconfidence on our part either. I am sure Lanning is putting together a solid game plan, and the players will be ready. 

The last thing we want to be doing is whining about what could have been!

I was hoping the aTm would wait it out for DeBoer and wave an ungodly sum in front of his face instead of going for Elko. DeBoer's too good to be a dawg.  I'd prefer they had to go back to a Jimmy Lake type and his academic prowess..........

Hayward and Smithriver...completely agree!  Deboer is always so poised and aware of saying and doing "the right thing at the right time.". Certainly didn't learn that from Neuheisel! 

It'll certainly be a battle of the minds Friday night!  Deboer knows how the beat DL.  hopefully DL learns how to beat Deboer Friday night.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised at the comments at uwdawgpound.com.  

The general consensus seems to be this is gonna be a loss...a few folks are very optimistic.  

They were REALLY pulling for the Beavers because they wanted to play UA over Oregon.

Many folks are VERY concerned about what has happened with Penix since the Oregon game and they know he isn't 100%.

Also, UW has not blown out anyone lately and the games have been down to the wire...fans are concerned about the toll that these games are taking on the emotional and physical health of the players.

Nix has gotten to rest for the second half of several games.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 3:42 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

Yeah, I was pretty surprised at the comments at uwdawgpound.com.  

The general consensus seems to be this is gonna be a loss...a few folks are very optimistic.  

They were REALLY pulling for the Beavers because they wanted to play UA over Oregon.

Many folks are VERY concerned about what has happened with Penix since the Oregon game and they know he isn't 100%.

Also, UW has not blown out anyone lately and the games have been down to the wire...fans are concerned about the toll that these games are taking on the emotional and physical health of the players.

Nix has gotten to rest for the second half of several games.

Thanks for doing the dirty work—I am surprised the Fuskies are realistic.