DUCKS4OUUO

Future Oregon Football Games in Vegas?

I was so happy when the Pac-12 moved the championship game to Vegas.  What a great location.  And now we are at the last championship game there.

Maybe, TheBig10 can do what the Southeast conference does and schedule a game at a neutral site like Vegas.

Arkansas plays Texas A&M in Dallas every year now.  Then there has been the OU Texas game every year in The Cotton Bowl.

It would be great to maybe do UO-USC there like in Sept or Oct.

Thoughts?

For a neutral site for a regular season game, you mean?  Uh, yeah, maybe.  Would depend on availability, of course.  I could see it as it would receive support from the gaming industry and that could be a boost, I suppose, given all the betting that goes on nowadays around CFB.

LV and LA are both going to host opening weekend games in their venues in the near future. Just like the one’s in Atlanta and Arlington.

Oregon and USC would probably balk at a regular season game there because home field advantage is going to be crucial in the B1G. There’s no benefit to either team.

• Thumbs Up 2

Rotate a B1G (West Coast Teams) game in October there (not too hot) or September...evening game (5pm kickoff, not stupid late).  So the 4 west coast schools would only do it every 4th year

I’m just not sure PAC-12 teams travel as well - even to Vegas. Levi Stadium was embarrassingly empty for the title games there (likely due to Fridays). Giving up a conference home game wouldn’t happen but you never know. If it makes even $1 more than a regular home game, all bets are off in this day and age. 

I thought that there was some talk of rotating the B1G championship between Indianapolis and Vegas. 

I know which destination I would prefer (and not because it’s closer)!

Edited by OregonDucks

On 11/30/2023 at 11:13 PM, OregonDucks said:

I thought that there was some talk of rotating the B1G championship between Indianapolis and Vegas. 

You are correct.

On 11/30/2023 at 8:59 PM, NJDuck said:

You are correct.

On which point? LOL. 

On 11/30/2023 at 8:13 PM, OregonDucks said:

I remember reading about how that was the plan. 

Every other year or so rotate the B1G championship game between Indianapolis and Vegas. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/1/2023 at 12:02 AM, OregonDucks said:

On which point? LOL. 

What David Marsh said, alternating between the two cities,