Pennsylvania Duck

Official College Football Playoff Rankings No. 5

Ohio State at 6 is a travesty. They should be 8 behind Bama IMO. What a joke. 

If FSU and Wash lose, do the Buckeyes backdoor their way into the CFP over B12 champ Texas? 

Madness!

Looks like the CFP committee sees what we see in Oregon!

So the narrative, all year, is B1G has the two best teams, the Pac is the best conference, and Georgia looks beatable but still #1.

I question all the narratives that the AP, coaches poll, and the CFP. If they wanted to they could change it all up and say the Pac, B1G, and the Big12 is crap and only the SEC and ACC are worth a damn--like the last 10 years.

The Pac is only getting the "respect" because Fox and ESPN were colluding to destroy it. Now that it has been destroyed they changed the narrative. I guarantee that top to bottom the Pac had just as good a league as all the other leagues!

Now, I hope UO and UW take down the B1G every year!

This basically guarantees the Ducks make the playoff with a win over the hated Huskies. Awesome.

OK. Take care of business Ducks.

Win in Friday!!  Woo hoo!

Scooo Ducks!!

• Great post! 1

I also think if Alabama wins they move to #4. 

So, Mich wins, they're #1.

FSU wins they're #2

Oregon wins they're #3.

Texas wins and 'Bama wins, Texas gets the Fiesta.

Reason, UA beat #1 UGA, Texas beat #18 OSU.

On 11/28/2023 at 4:52 PM, DanLduck said:

FSU wins they're #2

Oregon wins they're #3.

And texas beat #8 Bama

On 11/28/2023 at 4:52 PM, DanLduck said:

FSU wins they're #2

Oregon wins they're #3.

I think this is correct. The fact FSU didn't budge tells everyone FSU is in unless they lose. Regardless of the eye test we won't jump them with one loss. 

On 11/28/2023 at 7:52 PM, DanLduck said:

FSU wins they're #2

Oregon wins they're #3.

Texas will remain ranked ahead of Alabama no matter what due to the head to head win.

In the scenario you’re describing, it would probably  be 1. Michigan 2. FSU 3. Oregon 4. Texas. The SEC would miss the playoffs altogether. 

On 11/28/2023 at 4:54 PM, Log Haulin said:

And texas beat #8 Bama

But wins and losses at season end resonate more.

I think Head to head matters more, but I could be wrong.

Interesting that you have to get down to #13 to see a team with a worse record placed above a team with a better record. 

Then you think about the situation with FSU and with Texas and Bama...

This committee puts a lot of weight into who is most deserving. More than years past for sure.

Edited by Solar

Boo Corrigan explains significant drop for Ohio State in latest CFP rankings

Boo Corrigan and the College Football Playoff committee have been high on Ohio State all season long. Unfortunately, the Buckeyes lost to Michigan in The Game and tumbled out of the top 4 as a result.

With the loss, Ohio State fell from No. 2 all the way to No. 6. While the Buckeyes are ahead of other 1-loss contenders in Texas and Alabama, Ohio State is behind fellow 1-loss team Oregon. Those other teams will all play in conference championship games this weekend.

Asked to explain the steep drop for Ohio State, Corrigan said the committee remains impressed with Oregon after the Ducks won in resounding fashion against Oregon State...

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

Boo Corrigan explained why the College Football Playoff committee dropped Ohio State so far after a loss in The Game.

Oregon, Texas, or Ohio State? How the BCS rankings would compare to the CFP rankings

The penultimate College Football Playoff rankings have been released, and with just a handful of days until these standings are made final, some of the controversies and complaints have started to reach a fever pitch in the world of college football.

Unsurprisingly, the Oregon Ducks are in the middle of the conversation, with a lot of opposing fanbases getting frustrated by their place in the standings after Week 14.

On Tuesday night, the latest CFP rankings had Oregon move up to No. 5, while Ohio State dropped to No. 6 with their first loss, followed by Texas and Alabama.

Based on the Longhorns’ and Buckeyes’ strength of records, fans were upset that the Ducks still got the top spot among one-loss teams.

In the end, it will all play itself out, with the Ducks having the top-ranked opponent of the group in this week’s conference championship game in No. 3 Washington, while Texas plays No. 18 Oklahoma State, and Ohio State doesn’t play in a conference championship game at all.

One thing we like to do throughout the season, though, is look at what the BCS standings from last decade would have done with the rankings using their formula.

It was a time when there wasn’t a committee of voters who decided the final rankings each year, but rather a set of computers that calculated the final rankings based on numerous formulas that often led to convolution and controversy.

Just for our entertainment, we wanted to look at how those BCS standings would look if there in practice today.

Take a look...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

A look at how the hypothetical BCS rankings would compare to the College Football Playoff rankings after Week 14 of the season.

5 takeaways from Championship Week College Football Playoff rankings

As expected, Ohio State’s 30-24 loss to Michigan in The Big Game on Saturday sent the Buckeyes tumbling in the penultimate College Football Playoff rankings, which were released on Tuesday night.

The Buckeyes’ loss moved the undefeated Washington Huskies up to No. 3 in the rankings, two spots behind No. 1 Georgia and one spot behind the Wolverines.

Florida State and Oregon were also big beneficiaries of the Buckeye bump, moving to No. 4 and No. 5 respectively...

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

As expected, Ohio State’s 30-24 loss to Michigan in The Big Game sent the Buckeyes tumbling in the penultimate College Football...