Duckman2

Alabama Committed Offensive Pass Interference On Game Winning Play vs Auburn

It's as clear as can be, although every media source except the Montgomery Advertiser is ignoring it.

WWW.MONTGOMERYADVERTISER.COM

Isaiah Bond helped Alabama win the Iron Bowl in dramatic fashion on Saturday. However, replay seems to show him push off vs. Auburn's D.J. James.

This would have resulted in 4th and goal from the Auburn 46 yard line. If I'm not mistaken, that would be just 2 yards shorter than the Flutie play, which I believe was from the Miami 48 yard line.

SEC officials totally did everything possible to  give Alabama that game. Remember there was also that totally ridiculous 3rd down "conversion" where Alabama clearly missed the first down by at least half a yard. (Although that didn't end up mattering because Alabama ended up punting later on that possession.)

If this penalty had been called, there would be zero question whatsoever that Oregon would be in the playoffs with a win tomorrow.

Edited by Duckman2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/30/2023 at 9:41 PM, Duckman2 said:

Auburn's D.J. James

(And formerly Oregon’s D. J. James.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Watched that play a couple of times and I agree that the zebs swallowed their whistles on that push off on the final play. Consistent with how SEC refs 'let'em play'. 

While Bama was the beneficiary of that missed call, Auburn hurt themselves by taking a defender out of the play, sitting him 5 yds behind the LOS. He appeared to be a 'spy' on Milroe, but If he rushes maybe the Bama QB doesn't have an hour of time to find his receiver. Auburn killed themselves and in doing so made Oregon's path to the CFP more difficult. 

So Auburn does it again. War Eagle my fanny. And Dyer's knee was down, dammit!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unless its a PF or targeting, sec lets them play. I hope B1G refs cut from the same cloth next year.

On 11/30/2023 at 10:09 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Dyer's knee was down

Actually, it was his ankle, and then his wrist.

Sorry, I mean "allegedly" ... :classic_rolleyes:

dyer.jpg

dyer2.jpe

Next, your gonna tell me Cliff Harris intercepted an earlier sCam Newton pass, or Newton was the saved from an Oregon strip sack by a quick whistling referee... Dad Gum conspiracy theorists!

In the video the receiver extends his arm which is often an indicator of but the DB wasn't pushed off his spot, and didn't even complain.

Yeah, unlike PAC12 Refs, they let the rivals play. Was it the Washington rivalry game where they threw a questionable pi flag that had the announcer really miffed?

As much as it is all of our worst nightmare, it is well within the realm of possibility (and would be modus operandi) for the PAC12 Refs to give the game to UW on an extremely questionable PI call on our DBs, despite it being the championship to determine who goes to the playoffs.

Edited by Solar

Hard to believe. When before has Bama ever been given a break by SEC refs? Yuck, Yuck.