Pennsylvania Duck

Rivals250 QB Michael van Buren Decommits From Oregon

Rivals250 quarterback Michael van Buren has decommitted from Oregon. The Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances Academy standout committed to the Ducks in May.

Van Buren originally chose Oregon over Penn State and Maryland. He took an official visit to Eugene in June but that's the only official visit he's taken this recruiting cycle.

Expect van Buren to take visits this month and sign during the Early Signing Period. He is also expected to compete at the Under Armour All-America Game.

Playing for St. Frances Academy, van Buren is very experienced playing with and against elite prospects. In his last two seasons as a starter, van Buren led the Panthers to a 14-7 record...

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Rivals250 QB Michael van Buren decommits from Oregon

Bye. Moga looks better to me.  

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hard to imagine that it was a result of last night’s game. I wonder if we’re about to hear about a transfer commit?

Apparently this is not surpring to some.

On 12/2/2023 at 12:44 PM, VegasDuck said:

Bye. Moga looks better to me.  

It's not just you. Our coaches could have totally dropped interest in him, and he took the hint.

I'm glad that cleared space for someone else with more than a 2% chance of ever being the starter.

For some reason this doesn't surprise me. Doubt it has anything to do with last night. Several options in the QB room right now but I can't wonder if the real reason isn't a potential portal addition. Like that Wazzu kid. Ward would be a one and done, and TT would have the most to lose, but Van Buren would have been 3rd or 4th on depth chart.

I always thought it would be tough to hold onto 2 talented QBs in the same recruiting cycle.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whoops!

That means we are NOT tied for the all-time recruiting record of 19 of the 4/5-Star players on Rivals.  We now have 18, but I am confident we will pick up two more to break the record.

I am OK with this too.  Leaves a QB scholarship for a portal QB, and I like Moga more as well.

Luke Moga

2024 Miami Hurricanes Prospect Profile: Sunnyslope High School Quarterback Luke  Moga - All Hurricanes on Sports Illustrated: News, Analysis, and More

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Reminds about a time where the higher rated QB left our class and we were left with the 3 star QB recruit, like this time. That time our 3 star recruit turned into a Heisman Trophy winner, and so did the kid who didn't sign.

I was glad then and happy now.

Unknown.jpeg

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Commitment... 

I today's world, I think the right term should 'Verbitment' -- as in verbal commitment. As in slightly more than meaningless.

• Haha 1

It is a long way from home. Traveling so far from home if you have a close family would be extremely hard.