anyotherduck

Does Anyone Believe that an Undefeated Bama or Georgia Would be Left Out Due to Injuries?

ZERO chance. FSU got screwed!

On the other hand, #8 Bama beating Georgia should have kept this playoff "SEC free"!

Can you imagine the screeching and crying from Sabin, Smart and ESPN. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I fully expect Alabama (or Georgia if they had won) to be playing Texas for the Natty.  I am OK with what happened yesterday given the injuries Georgia had on the offensive side of the ball. I am not saying Georgia would necessarily have won had they been healthy, just that I would have liked to have watched that game. But you play with whom you have and  so that I can say hat's off to Alabama for gettng her done.

I am disappointed for the Ducks in their draw on Jan !. Dawgs partisans expressed similar concerns when Georgia drew group of 5 opponent Cincinnati in the Peach Bowl in 2020. Even with Georgia playing with only one or two opt-outs, they won that game only by converting a last play field goal. So I hope the 2023 Oregon Ducks will show up motivated to play in this game as it will be Liberty's Super Bowl and they are good enough to embarrass a Duck team with multiple important opt-outs.

• Thumbs Up 3

No becau$e it'$ the $EC and FSU i$n't the $ame a$ any team from the $EC and e$pecially a Nick $aben coached team! I think that about $um$ it up!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

This has to be devastating to FSU players, coaches, and fans. Can you imagine this happening to the Ducks with Nix injured? If I was Florida State I would boycott the bowl game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Vegas had Florida State as an underdog by at least 7 points to each of the 4 teams that were selected today.

Absolutely one of the biggest screw jobs in college football history. 

What a sports travesty. 

Well FSU has every right to be frustrated and disappointed. Afterall they have their own vision of their team and its ranking.....

BUT!

If an undefeated season is the only criteria then maybe Liberty should be in the CFP? We know better because their schedule does not warrant a top 4 ranking.

Neither does FSU's schedule. Their big wins are over LSU and Clemson. Both schools had down years. Both did little to boost FSU's level of quality victories.

FSU has no game/season changing victory, do they?

In comparison,

Alabama beating then #1Georgia boosted their ranking and quality of victories. In turn that boosted Texas's quality win over Bama.

Throw in that the SEC is viewed a stronger conferemce than the ACC. Take the time to view Bamas schedule over FSU's schedule.

I never had FSU higher than 7th all year long. I viewed uw and a one loss Oregon above FSU.  A one loss Oregon would have probably made the playoff. Would you have supported FSU keeping Oregon out?

Probably not.....

Of course we all have our viewpoint and I think all the posters can support their views.

On 12/3/2023 at 1:19 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

I never had FSU higher than 7th all year long. I viewed uw and a one loss Oregon above FSU.  A one loss Oregon would have probably made the playoff. Would you have supported FSU keeping Oregon out?

If the Ducks would have won... I'm starting to think the CFP committee would have taken Georgia over a one loss Ducks team.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/3/2023 at 2:55 PM, anyotherduck said:

If the Ducks would have won... I'm starting to think the CFP committee would have taken Georgia over a one loss Ducks team.

There's now no doubt in my mind that the CFP committee would have 100% screwed Oregon over. 

I think all the evidence we need to see is Liberty & the VRBO Bowl. That tells me exactly what the CFP committe actually thinks of our Ducks. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/3/2023 at 12:31 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

So I hope the 2023 Oregon Ducks will show up motivated to play in this game as it will be Liberty's Super Bowl and they are good enough to embarrass a Duck team with multiple important opt-outs.

Ducks didn’t show up motivated to play UW in a conference championship game. I doubt they are juiced for this one. Right now I am a lean for Liberty to beat Oregon. 

If TT doesn't transfer out and Ducks get beat by Liberty due to lack of juice by the entire team? Wow.

• Go Ducks! 1

We showed up motivated. We just got beat by a slightly better coached team. 

Hate the Fuskies all we want, but all they do this season is win.

As in 3 wins over OBD in the last 13 months... by a total of 9 points. Talk about one bitter tasting pill to swallow. 

• Applause 1

On 12/3/2023 at 2:25 PM, Desert Duck said:

We showed up motivated. We just got beat by a slightly better coached team.

IDK, we looked pretty flat outside of that '22 minutes of offense'. 

We absolutely looked flatter than flat for the first 22 minutes of that game. It reminded me of the Stanford game where we basically spotted them the first 25 minutes of that game.

Against Stanford, we were able to get away with it, but obviously, against the team like Washington, that was not going to work.

But, IMHO, there's just no chance that they were not motivated to play this game.