Ktmguy2018

UGA QB In The Portal

Brock Vandagriff is entering the portal and is a graduate transfer.  I've seen him play a few times and he seemed decent.

DL would have a lot more insight on him and would be able to have him for two years.

Just wondering if that's a direction, I don't claim to have any insider knowledge.

Wouldn't surprise me if Lanning liked him as an addition to the QB room for competition purposes. He is certainly lacking from an experience standpoint. But we do not need to go looking for another Bo Nix (not to mention they likely don't exist anymore).

If we take a transfer it should be to raise the level of the competition in the room and hopefully allow one of our homegrown guys to rise to the top. If the guy wins it then we can be sure the offense is in good hands.

P.S. It sure sounds like Kentucky is the team to beat for Vandagriff

The only thing Brock lacks is experience, He has a very good arm and is a legit dual threat QB. But I hear several sources say that, as of today, he is likely to remain in the SEC. Kentucky may well be a good option.

• Thanks 1

Grab that Gabriel kid from Okie. Second coming of Vernon Adams. Accept no substitutes. Maybe Moore too, if he was humbled enough by his UCLA experience to be willing to learn and sit behind an experienced mentor for one year.

• Applause 1

Gabriel yes, Moore, no.  Build TT, Novosad, the incoming kid

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sold on Moore.  Not from a talent standpoint, but he committed to Oregon, then decommitted and went to UCLA.

So, I'm not sure if he even knows what he wants at this point.

• Applause 1