Duckhart2

Does Bo Nix go in the First Round?

Ive looked at a few mock drafts and they dont have Bo as a first rounder.

Im thinking he will go late first round. or early second? 

I'd Like to see him go to Seattle or Vikings....

Where do you think he will go and do you have a hopeful destination?

I'm a little surprised at those mock drafts--I had just been assuming Bo would go in the first round.

Personally, I think late in the first round could be good. A player will still get plenty of money, and will end up on a team with a better record.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Bo will be drafted in the first round by the Atlanta Falcons!!!

It depends on his workouts and combine performance along with the needs of the teams. I think he’s a 2nd to 5th rounder. 

Bo to the Seahawks, a great fit with the current receivers and with Pete!

On 12/12/2023 at 5:57 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I think he’s a 2nd to 5th rounder. 

5th round? Are there any draft predictions that have him going on the third day? 

Nix goes by the 34th pick.

• Salute 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/13/2023 at 12:39 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

5th round? Are there any draft predictions that have him going on the third day? 

They had Verone McKinley as a mid to late rounder. He went undrafted. Bo could easily slide with a bad combine performance. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2nd -3rd round seems like a safe bet. But I don't bet so...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/13/2023 at 4:04 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

They had Verone McKinley as a mid to late rounder. He went undrafted. Bo could easily slide with a bad combine performance. 

That's kind of apples and oranges, QBs and safeties are graded on dramatically different scales. I just don't see a healthy Bo having so bad a combine performance that he would drop to the 5th.

No one is arguing that he has the elite arm of Caleb Williams or foot speed of Jayden Daniels, but in a QB heavy draft Bo is in the top five. Third in the Heisman, Maxwell finalist, Campbell winner and Pac-12 Offensive POTY. His Wonderlic score will likely be first or second. There are at least ten NFL teams that need to draft a quarterback or a solid backup. I can't imagine them sitting on their hands until the third day thinking "No worries, Nix will still be available".

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm not that surprised that the mock drafts don't have him going in the first round, I think he's probably a 2nd rounder, he might creep up into a 1st rounder if a team wants to make a trade for him.  Overall he doesn't have that one physical trait that wows you. 

The arm is good enough, the mobility is kind of standard in today's league, what he does show is great understanding of when to just check the ball down, that is one thing that actually I think is a pretty huge plus since a lot of players either try to force it using elite arm strength or using their wheels to get out of trouble.

He is going to immediately be a guy that won't lose you games, his understanding of defenses, and his elite ability to not turn the ball over will serve him well in the early going.  The problem with Nix is that I don't know if he has the talent to strap a team on his back and win games, he doesn't have the upside that other guys have in this draft.  I think he'll end up anywhere from 35th to 55th overall.  

The one mock draft rating I don't get is some people having JJ McCarthy as a 1st round pick, I don't get it, I don't see what sets him apart from Nix. 

Brock Purdy’s success bodes well for Bo.

I think (hope) Bo goes 1st round to the Rams. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/13/2023 at 5:50 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

Brock Purdy’s success bodes well for Bo.

I think (hope) Bo goes 1st round to the Rams. 

Rams would be a good spot, sort of think Seattle might be a good spot as well. I could see the Pats possibly getting him as well if they pass on a QB in the first round. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 7:52 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

That's kind of apples and oranges, QBs and safeties are graded on dramatically different scales. I just don't see a healthy Bo having so bad a combine performance that he would drop to the 5th.

No one is arguing that he has the elite arm of Caleb Williams or foot speed of Jayden Daniels, but in a QB heavy draft Bo is in the top five. Third in the Heisman, Maxwell finalist, Campbell winner and Pac-12 Offensive POTY. His Wonderlic score will likely be first or second. There are at least ten NFL teams that need to draft a quarterback or a solid backup. I can't imagine them sitting on their hands until the third day thinking "No worries, Nix will still be available".

Teams may not value his arm strength. He might not be able to make all of the throws. They might think he locks into his primary receiver too much or doesn’t read through his progressions very well. They may think he does fine when he has all day to throw behind an elite OL, but he freaks out under pressure like he did at Auburn. They will definitely do their due diligence.

Value wise, he’s probably a 3rd rounder. However, there is always the possibility of somebody valuing him a round earlier or a round later. A drop to day 3 might seem unlikely, but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

On 12/12/2023 at 5:45 PM, SoGaDawg said:

Bo will be drafted in the first round by the Atlanta Falcons!!!

Oh Dawg!! I hope that he is drafted in the first 40 picks, and for his own sake, not by the Atlanta Falcons!

• Applause 1

On 12/15/2023 at 1:14 AM, Nevada Dawg said:

Oh Dawg!! I hope that he is drafted in the first 40 picks, and for his own sake, not by the Atlanta Falcons!

😂🤣😂 I said that just to see the reactions.  You’re the only one to comment. Truthfully I don’t wish that on Bo either.  

• Thumbs Up 1