FishDuck Article

Bold Pac-12 Bowl Predictions

Bowl season is here and below are my straight up predictions for all the games except for one — that’s right, the Fiesta Bowl. I am so uninterested in this game that I literally just yawned as I typed “Fiesta Bowl.” Even Mr. FishDuck had some words about the bowl as he was having fun...

FISHDUCK.COM

Darren Perkins of FishDuck.com makes his 2023-24 Pac-12 bowl game predictions.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

I think Arizona wins. Also, I believe UCLA wins. Oregon should decimate.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm interested in the Fiesta Bowl, because I'm interested in the Duck players. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

FSU has a great D, USuC...'nuff said.  Louisville will light USuC up, and without Caleb...USuC will just SuC.

I hate to root for Texas or Sark, but I sure hope UW loses.  Yeah, validates us more if the mutts win, but...do you really want to hear the gloating from muttlets if they win?  I think I'm pulling for Bama right now to win it all, the Michigan cheaters don't deserve it.

I am very interested in the Fiesta Bowl, and have heard that Liberty's best defensive tackle has opted out of the bowl game.

I hear most of the pundits going with Texas over Washington, but this is one time it would help Oregon (since we lost to them twice by three points each) if the Huskies won this first game.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks, Darren. Great take and you beat me to it.

The P5 is gone. Accounting for 2024 realignment, 13 of the 18 B1G teams, 72%, are going bowling. 11 of 16 SEC teams, 69% are doing the same. 

There will be 7 B1G vs. SEC games this bowl season: 

Rose Bowl - No. 1 Michigan vs.  No. 4 Alabama

Sugar Bowl - No. 2 Washington vs. No. 3 Texas

Cotton Bowl - No. 7 Ohio State vs. No. 9 Missouri

Peach Bowl - No. 10 Penn State vs. No. 11. Ole Miss

Music City Bowl - Maryland vs. Auburn

ReliaQuest Bowl - Wisconsin vs. No. 13 LSU

Cheeze-It Bowl - No. 17 Iowa vs. No. 21 Tennessee

You can bet that Greg Sankey, Paul Finebaum, Mickey Mouse, Tony Petitti, Joel Klatt, and Bob Murdoch will be paying special attention to these games as the 'New B1G' and the 'New SEC' begin the battle for the leader of the Power 2 CFB Hegemony. 

Bowl Factoids. No team that lost the Pac-12 champ game has won the Fiesta Bowl.

The Rose Bowl is mentioned in the Alabama fight song. Bama is 5-1-1 in Rose Bowl games with the COVID season game being played in Dallas, Saint Nick Bowl record at Bama - is 16-6, 8 PO game wins, 6 championships. Jim Harbaugh at Michigan is 1-6 in Bowl games and 0-2 in Playoff games. 

Utah's 'Pig Farmer' QB, Bryson Barnes, is in the portal but will play in the Las Vegas Bowl vs. Northwestern.

All Ohio State draft-eligible Juniors are playing in the Cotton Bowl with Marvin Harrison yet to decide whether to opt in or out.

If Jaden Daniels opts out of Wisconsin vs. LSU game, he will be the 1st Heisman winner to do so.

Caleb Williams is on a Holiday. Will the SC D return from a season-long Holiday and hold down Jack Plummer who played well against Troy in 2022?

Boise State has won 4 games in a row since Avalos was fired but the Boise starting QB has morphed from a Bronco and into an Arkansas Hog.

Is UCLA the 1st team to be playing a bowl game closer to campus than where it plays its home games?

Thank you STUDENT-athletes. Minnesota is 5-7 but APR'd its way into a bowl. You qualify for a bowl in this fashion and you deserve a trip to Detroit. 

Hey Miami, you're going Bowling! Enjoy the trip to NYC in late December! I think Rutgers and coach Greg Schiano drop the Mari(o) bowl record to 3-3, fitting for a '.500 coach.'

Thanks again, Darren. EXTINGUISH The Flames!

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

LA bowl: Boise State

Independence: Cal

Las Vegas: Utah

Holiday: Louisville

Alamo: Arizona

Sun: Notre Dame

Fiesta: OBD (not bored!)

Sugar: the Puppies (I live in the Seattle area. Talk about dreading the thought of this...woof! OMG, the horror!!!)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/14/2023 at 1:20 PM, The Grateful Duck said:

Sugar: the Puppies (I live in the Seattle area. Talk about dreading the thought of this...woof! OMG, the horror!!!)

Great picks.

The Boise State starting QB has transferred to Arkansas and will not play in the bowl game.

Bryson Barnes is in the portal but will be the starting QB for Utah against Northwestern and B1G COY David Braun. The once Bowl Guru Coach Whit has lost his last 4 bowl games.

Liberty will come Flaming into the Fiesta Bowl and playing a unique style of offense, the spread-triple option that Coach Jeremy Chadwell brought with him from Coastal Carolina. Oregon will not be able to sleepwalk and win this game. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Re: Boise State. I didn't know that. But, that being acknowledged, I just don't trust Chip/UCLA. I see Boise being much more amped for the game than the Bruins. And one thing about SoCal teams, without motivation they often suck.

Utah has a lot to prove. Perhaps that streak continues...or when you least expect it, Utah wins 14 - 6. 🤣 Northwestern will probably be motivated as well. They've endured a lot this year.

I think the Fiesta's gonna be exciting. And Lanning will have the team fired up. After Vegas, he better have, right? 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/14/2023 at 9:12 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I am very interested in the Fiesta Bowl, and have heard that Liberty's best defensive tackle has opted out of the bowl game.

I hear most of the pundits going with Texas over Washington, but this is one time it would help Oregon (since we lost to them twice by three points each) if the Huskies won this first game.

Well, I mean, maybe i was a little cavalier in describing my feelings about the game, I'm going to watch it and all, but the anticlimactic nature of it just stings me. I would be much happier if it were SMU. 

Yeah, not sold on Sark, prove me wrong!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/14/2023 at 10:11 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Thanks, Darren. Great take and you beat me to it.

The P5 is gone. Accounting for 2024 realignment, 13 of the 18 B1G teams, 72%, are going bowling. 11 of 16 SEC teams, 69% are doing the same. 

There will be 7 B1G vs. SEC games this bowl season: 

Rose Bowl - No. 1 Michigan vs.  No. 4 Alabama

Sugar Bowl - No. 2 Washington vs. No. 3 Texas

Cotton Bowl - No. 7 Ohio State vs. No. 9 Missouri

Peach Bowl - No. 10 Penn State vs. No. 11. Ole Miss

Music City Bowl - Maryland vs. Auburn

ReliaQuest Bowl - Wisconsin vs. No. 13 LSU

Cheeze-It Bowl - No. 17 Iowa vs. No. 21 Tennessee

You can bet that Greg Sankey, Paul Finebaum, Mickey Mouse, Tony Petitti, Joel Klatt, and Bob Murdoch will be paying special attention to these games as the 'New B1G' and the 'New SEC' begin the battle for the leader of the Power 2 CFB Hegemony. 

Bowl Factoids. No team that lost the Pac-12 champ game has won the Fiesta Bowl.

The Rose Bowl is mentioned in the Alabama fight song. Bama is 5-1-1 in Rose Bowl games with the COVID season game being played in Dallas, Saint Nick Bowl record at Bama - is 16-6, 8 PO game wins, 6 championships. Jim Harbaugh at Michigan is 1-6 in Bowl games and 0-2 in Playoff games. 

Utah's 'Pig Farmer' QB, Bryson Barnes, is in the portal but will play in the Las Vegas Bowl vs. Northwestern.

All Ohio State draft-eligible Juniors are playing in the Cotton Bowl with Marvin Harrison yet to decide whether to opt in or out.

If Jaden Daniels opts out of Wisconsin vs. LSU game, he will be the 1st Heisman winner to do so.

Caleb Williams is on a Holiday. Will the SC D return from a season-long Holiday and hold down Jack Plummer who played well against Troy in 2022?

Boise State has won 4 games in a row since Avalos was fired but the Boise starting QB has morphed from a Bronco and into an Arkansas Hog.

Is UCLA the 1st team to be playing a bowl game closer to campus than where it plays its home games?

Thank you STUDENT-athletes. Minnesota is 5-7 but APR'd its way into a bowl. You qualify for a bowl in this fashion and you deserve a trip to Detroit. 

Hey Miami, you're going Bowling! Enjoy the trip to NYC in late December! I think Rutgers and coach Greg Schiano drop the Mari(o) bowl record to 3-3, fitting for a '.500 coach.'

Thanks again, Darren. EXTINGUISH The Flames!

Thanks John. I don't think any Pac-12 championship game loser has won its bowl game ever!

I know it would destroy the Rose Bowl Stadium, but I believe UCLA would be better off playing at SoFi Stadium. Closer to campus and would create a westside LA synergy around the program. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/14/2023 at 10:53 AM, Darren Perkins said:

I would be much happier if it were SMU. 

Yeah, not sold on Sark, prove me wrong!

Yes!!

And, yep. Sark will prove you right! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/14/2023 at 10:20 AM, The Grateful Duck said:

So far, all I'm proving is that whatever I think will happen expect the opposite. Like out in the woods, if I said the truck was up that hill to the north, you'd be better to head down that ridge to the south. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1