Pennsylvania Duck

Schedule Adjustments Include Home-and-Home With OSU

SCHEDULES FOR THE OREGON FOOTBALL TEAM IN 2024 AND 2025 HAVE BEEN ADJUSTED TO PROVIDE SEVEN HOME GAMES IN EACH SEASON, AND TO SUSTAIN THE RIVALRY SERIES WITH OSU.

GODUCKS.COM

Schedules for the Oregon football team in 2024 and 2025 have been adjusted to provide seven home games in each season...

🤮

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

As a season ticket holder there are several things that I like about the changes.

1- 7 home games in both 2024 and 2025 instead of 8 in 2024 and 6 in 2025.

2- Getting rid of the road game at Boise State in 2025 and replacing it with a home game. Also the series with Boise State will only be two home games and no return trip to Boise. 

3- Keeping the Civil War alive for the next two years. I enjoy the Civil War and look forward to the next two years. I also think it was smart to only schedule it for two years. This gives both schools time to decide if it is in the best interest of both schools to continue the game even longer.

Nice work by Rob Mullens to get this put together for the 2024 and 2025 seasons.

So now we pay to play the Beavis??! Really? Let's reward the thieves...

• Applause 1

8 games in 2024 made sense because Oregon plays 13 regular season games.

No P4 opponent OOC in 2024. Ohio State also has no P4 OOC opponent in 2024. Will this matter to the Committee down the line?

Clemson plays Georgia. Alabama plays at Wisconsin. Texas plays at Michigan. Notre Dame plays at TX A+M. Which type of schedule will be better come 2024, scheduling for certain wins or an impressive SOS?

Losing the trip to Boise was a no-brainer. Now do the same with the trip scheduled to Logan, Utah. Please. 

Rob, when I find someone breaking into my house I do not ask the thief to stay for dinner.  There is no value added to the schedule by playing Oregon State, especially in Corvallis. OSU does not have a media deal! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/15/2023 at 8:38 AM, Jon Joseph said:

OSU does not have a media deal! 

You know...I am beginning to think that there might be something going on behind closed doors to help all parties come to a Pac-2 agreement?  "We help you, and you help us."

Oregon State's schedule was crap until they added Oregon to it.  Now all the west coast eyes are on that game, (which helps their media deal) and the attendance at Reser will be packed. So Oregon just gifted a TON of value to OSU, while losing a home game at Autzen in 2024?

Either it is stupid-as-hell, or it is hushed, unknown bargaining happening?  I'm betting on...

Stupid-as-Hell.

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Without a lawsuit quid pro quo, I agree Charles that this scheduling of non-P4 OR ST makes no sense.

Playing 13 games means that 8 home games should have happened.

I hope that no P4 opponent OOC will not bite Oregon in the butt. I was not thrilled about playing B12 Texas Tech OOC but it would be favorable to playing no P4 team OOC in 2024.

Somewhat OT. The B1G Network will cover all 18 B1G members recruiting results on Wednesday, 12/20.

This year's Civil War game was the 4th largest in attendance history of any game at Autzen. 

It would appear that the fan base likes this game.

Going forward, I'm not sure the interest will hold, but for now it appears so.

Also, it allows for 7 home games in 2025, instead of 6. So all in all, perhaps this makes for more consistent season ticket pricing.

I understand that over 2,000 new season ticket applications have come in for 2024 season. Seeing those B1G teams is a big draw.

• Great post! 1