AllOregon

Two-Year Anniversary: Beyond Thankful for Lanning. Imagine if it was Wilcox?!

It wasn’t just from watching Cal get crushed by Texas Tech in this weekend’s bowl game- but the indifferent lack of juice he brings.  Would Oregon be going for 22 wins in that span, or invited to the B1G, or on the trajectory it is on with recruits and image?

The reflection made me shiver that some famous alums actually campaigned for Wilcox.  

Looking back, can you imagine?!

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read about the game online.

I wonder what the authors of the infamous letter now think.

From watching Talking Ducks podcast, it is obvious that Joey Harrington is a HUGE Dan Lanning fan.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow am I relieved that Justin Wilcox turned the job down!  We'd be stuck in recruiting mediocrity.  Not what is needed if Oregon is to stay on the national scene.

Justin did not turn down the job.  Justin was given what was termed a 'courtesy interview'.  Was his narrative that he turned it down?  Yes, because he parlayed it into a contract extension at Cal.  

I know someone who was on the search committee.   They had their eye on one candidate and when that person expressed mutual interest and the conversations progressed, everyone on that committee knew they had the right person.  Were there others who expressed interest and were they interviewed?   Yes there were.   

BTW the way, the committee was comprised of several people and it was just not 'the big donors' .  

What's wrong with Shreveport in December? I think Joey Harrington has a condo there.

I remember it was people on here saying he should be hired because he would be loyal..lol

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck