Charles Fischer

OMIGOSH! Lanning COULD Break the Recruiting Record!

We're talking HS recruiting, and not counting the portal.  The all-time record is 19 of the coveted 4/5-Star players on Rivals in 2021, and as of right now, (assuming the final few sign at their press conferences coming up and we believe they will...)  Oregon sits at....

19!

That means with a NT Jericho Johnson commitment tomorrow--Lanning would break the all-time high school recruiting record.  Better than Cristobal....with coaching!

Now we wait to see if it all happens over the next 24 hours, and we still have portal transfers to follow.

Come to OREGON!

Lanning2_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Go Ducks! 3
  • Let’s hope! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

Mothudi is a 4-star who is still in play.....he might put Dan over the top tonight.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/20/2023 at 3:41 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

Mothudi is a 4-star who is still in play.....he might put Dan over the top tonight.

Signed. 😁🦆

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 3

That’ll do Duck, that’ll do!!!  

Obviously I reference this in a good hearted and comical sense!  I’m very excited about the Ducks recruiting and portal moves!  

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mario also chased star rankings. I have a lot more faith in our current staff’s ability to evaluate talent and not just rely on the recruiting rankings. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Imagine 20+ 4/5* who were properly evaluated, rather than the Cristobal 2019 class that mostly flamed out.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 3:41 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

I already counted him, and he signed as expected.  BIG linebacker recruit!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/20/2023 at 7:21 PM, OregonDucks said:

Mario also chased star rankings. I have a lot more faith in our current staff’s ability to evaluate talent and not just rely on the recruiting rankings. 

I absolutely agree.  Don’t get me wrong, I think for the majority, the star rankings are warranted when you are looking at sheer talent.  But talent evaluation for schools is huge!!!  Not everything can easily be measured when a player is 18 years old.  

GA has been very good at this in recent years and it has paid off.  For much of this Lanning was a huge contributor.  Lanning is right now a very good recruiter!  IMO, he is on tract to be in the Kirby Smart field of recruiting in time!  I don’t say that at all in arrogance, I say it as very much a compliment.  

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Oregon Ducks officially sign best recruiting class in school history

Dan Lanning has officially done something better than any other coach in Oregon Ducks school history.

He is now the owner of the best recruiting class in school history.

With 25 signings on Wednesday, the first day of the early signing period, the Ducks official inked the best recruiting class in school history.

According to 247Sports, Oregon’s 2024 class has 290.33 total points in the composite rankings, which is the most of any Ducks’ class.

Previously, it was Mario Cristobal’s 2021 recruiting class which was the top dog, with 287.67 points.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks 2024 recruiting class is officially the highest-rated in school history, passing the mark set by the 2021...

• Great post! 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On their criteria...sure.  But that changes year-to-year.  My criteria has been consistent for 20 years, and it is the number of 4/5-Star players on Rivals.  Right now we are tied at 19, and tomorrow we could break it...

Unless he goes to Washington!

Jericho Johnson, Armijo, Defensive Line

Mr. FishDuck

According to a few sources, he has broken the record and leads the B1G in recruiting. 

Edited by Jon Joseph

On 12/20/2023 at 4:20 PM, SoGaDawg said:

That’ll do Duck, that’ll do!!!  

Obviously I reference this in a good hearted and comical sense!  I’m very excited about the Ducks recruiting and portal moves!  

I love the "quote" from Babe! 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 9:31 PM, Jon Joseph said:

According to a few sources, he has broken the record and leads the B1G in recruiting. 

This is my movie quotation of Lanning responding to the B1G a few weeks after Oregon plays their first games in the B1G:

“You ain’t so bad, you ain’t so bad, you ain’t nothin!!!”  B1G response “You must be crazy or somthin, you just a crazy fool!!!”

And this was luckily before Mr T pitied the fool!!! 

For younger folks-  it’s a Rocky 3 reference leading into the A-team.  In truth, it’s also before my time, but bc of VHS it is still relevant to me!  

• Haha 3

On 12/20/2023 at 10:24 PM, Annie said:

I love the "quote" from Babe! 🙂

Thanks, it’s certainly no blockbuster, but how can you not enjoy that movie?  Cromwell was great in it IMO.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

BTW, congrats Bulldog fans on signing the #1 recruiting class.

Oregon under Dan Lanning is closing the gap but still has some work to do.  

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 11:49 PM, OregonDucks said:

BTW, congrats Bulldog fans on signing the #1 recruiting class.

Oregon under Dan Lanning is closing the gap but still has some work to do.  

DL learned from the best. Saint Nick and Kirby 'He So' Smart.

• Like 1