Charles Fischer

I Don't Think Beavers are Mammals...

I think they may have turned into a Platypus, because they showed us in their bowl game that they know how to lay-an-egg!

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

The Beavs played about as well as the "victims" they claim to be. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Yee Haw!!!!! 40-8 LOL

• Haha 1

I feel a great deal of admiration for the Beavs who stuck it out and played. 

Through no fault of their own, those players had their world yanked from under them, but they showed up.

The coaches and administrators who perpetrated this injustice against their players deserve our scorn.

The players deserve better.

• Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 7

We Can Litigate! But in the B1G boy leauge, We Can't Play! Build another Dam. One of the worst bowl losses ever by a ranked team. BUT, we were missing players. And ND was not missing players? 

Rob gave these Beavers bozos a home game instead of playing P4 TX Tech in Autzen, When the litigation had been settled and with the Pac-10 crumbling in favor of a nothing burger Pac-2? Why? At some point is it not time that Common Sense and Playoff sense, even in these days, comes to the forefront?

Rob with an Org Chart that would never fly in the real world comes up with THIS?  I'll take half of Rob's salary, $500K instead of $1M, and  cut one third of the work force and give the people reporting to me a 33% salary bump, improve productivity, and show Rob his jock. INCLUDING playing a P4 opponent at home insted of playing a CFB lost-in-space Oregon State OR State in Corvallis.  

And you cannot be serious? Reschedule Hawaii to the first Off Week and play nine games in a row? 

If I'm Danno I'm not a happy camper. My earlier posts about about Oregon having 2 Off Weeks regardless, and I apologize to those who raised the issue, if I am wrong, is a further condemnation of Rob who has put his name into play for the UGA and A+M AD jobs.

SM old H.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2023 at 4:19 PM, Jon Joseph said:

We Can Litigate! But in the B1G boy leauge, We Can't Play! Build another Dam. One of the worst bowl losses ever by a ranked team. BUT, we were missing players. And ND was not missing players? 

Rob gave these Beavers bozos a home game instead of playing P4 TX Tech in Autzen, When the litigation had been settled and with the Pac-10 crumbling in favor of a nothing burger Pac-2? Why? At some point is it not time that Common Sense and Playoff sense, even in these days, comes to the forefront?

Rob with an Org Chart that would never fly in the real world comes up with THIS?  I'll take half of Rob's salary, $500K instead of $1M, and  cut one third of the work force and give the people reporting to me a 33% salary bump, improve productivity, and show Rob his jock. INCLUDING playing a P4 opponent at home insted of playing a CFB lost-in-space Oregon State OR State in Corvallis.  

And you cannot be serious? Reschedule Hawaii to the first Off Week and play nine games in a row? 

If I'm Danno I'm not a happy camper. My earlier posts about about Oregon having 2 Off Weeks regardless, and I apologize to those who raised the issue, if I am wrong, is a further condemnation of Rob who has put his name into play for the UGA and A+M AD jobs.

SM old H.

Wow, fire one third of OBD athletic staff. This is one life long Duck fan and proud Alumnus that strongly disagrees with that idea. I understand that Rob is evidently fair game but to attack the hard working members of the Oregon athletic department seems wrong to me. These people have helped to make Oregon one of the nations premier athletic programs. Firing one third of the staff would not only have a negative impact on OBD but would also be devasting for the employees and their families.

• Thumbs Up 2

When we evaluate our AD and his staff we need to realize that they do a lot more than football.  Personally I will never believe Mullins makes a scheduling decision without the approval of the head coach.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Good players let the bad players down. Life----goes on.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2023 at 4:19 PM, Jon Joseph said:

is a further condemnation of Rob who has put his name into play for the UGA and A+M AD jobs.

Wait…….whaaaaaa?  Is he sniffing around?  Did I miss something?  Feel free to delete this if it is common knowledge and I just suck at news. 

Yeah, same here, I have heard zero about Mullens 'sniffing' around at other jobs.  

aTm??  The boosters run that AD.  UGA, Can't speak to that one but please enlighten us.

Edited by Augduck
Typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2023 at 11:54 PM, Augduck said:

Yeah, same here, I have heard zero about Mullens 'sniffing' around at other jobs.  

aTm??  The boosters run that AD.  UGA, Can't speak to that one but please enlighten us.

Rob reached out when both jobs were open as reported by SI and ESPN. 

As to cutting jobs. Except for imcompetence at the time of initial audit I'd cut jobs by attrition. Bot please, look at the Org Chart and tell me this would fly in non-governmental entity. 

Lot of political pressures to play this game and we should hand them their butt when we’re at full strength in good weather…no matter how much they posture they’re a team with MWC level depth that just had their starters gutted. They’ll be lucky to win 8 games next year, I’d predict 7-5.

Them getting more money is annoying but doesn’t really impact us at all. Bottom line, are the top 5 donors happy with the leadership or not?

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

Trust me Beaver....it's going to get worse!

Casey Rogers_Craig Strobeck.jpg

Mr. FishDuck