Ktmguy2018

It Continues For The Beavs

Their standout WR, Bolden, has now entered the transfer portal.  That makes multiple key skill position players leaving the program.

I'm really not sure at what level they will be competing next year.  Oh, wait....no, I am sure....they are gonna be awful.  It seems that the athletic department knows that as well after putting out this nugget:

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Oregon State has seven home football games in 2024, one more than 2023, but the price for a season ticket will...

• Yikes! 1
  • Wow 1

Cracks me up that not increasing the price for an inferior package is a positive. They should be knocking 25% off…not sure how well San Jose State would draw if they’re 2-2 with home losses to Oregon and Purdue.

• Thumbs Up 2

Write it down now:

9000-10000 seasons tickets will be sold for the 2024 season.  That is all.  The only reason it is not 6000-7000 is because Oregon is bending over backwards to give them an additional home game.

The real comedy will be the 2025 season ticket sales.  I look forward to that figure without the Ducks propping up the number and coming off a 4-8 season in the MWC.

• Yikes! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Believe it or not, I kind of feel sorry for Beaver Nation. I mean, things were going along pretty well, they'd just completed the $160 million renovations on the stadium (and those renovations looked impressive on the TV news stories I saw), and then, wham, suddenly the PAC-12 was reduced to the PAC-2. Trying to regroup and find enough teams to play in the coming years must be a nightmare.

Yes, I understand that there are beav fans who, in their frustration, are lashing out at Oregon. And that's not going to accomplish anything for them.

But, even though I look forward to seeing the Ducks in the B1G, I can't help but feel sad about the dissolution of a conference that has been around for 100 or however many years. I can't help feel sad for the players who, when they signed on with OSU, were excited and looking forward to playing there.

I hope ourOSU will find a way to keep afloat, find enough good opponents to draw in fans, and find success (except, of course, when they play the Ducks).

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 1/2/2024 at 1:20 PM, Annie said:

Believe it or not, I kind of feel sorry for Beaver Nation. I mean, things were going along pretty well, they'd just completed the $160 million renovations on the stadium (and those renovations looked impressive on the TV news stories I saw), and then, wham, suddenly the PAC-12 was reduced to the PAC-2. Trying to regroup and find enough teams to play in the coming years must be a nightmare.

Yes, I understand that there are beav fans who, in their frustration, are lashing out at Oregon. And that's not going to accomplish anything for them.

But, even though I look forward to seeing the Ducks in the B1G, I can't help but feel sad about the dissolution of a conference that has been around for 100 or however many years. I can't help feel sad for the players who, when they signed on with OSU, were excited and looking forward to playing there.

I hope ourOSU will find a way to keep afloat, find enough good opponents to draw in fans, and find success (except, of course, when they play the Ducks).

I initially felt this way until their fan base started vacillating between being a victim and being arrogant on an hourly basis. They’re complete hypocrites that try to operate exactly the same way we do, but fail at it over and over and refer to us as “Whore-gon”.

Nope, no empathy.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Applause 1

On 1/2/2024 at 1:33 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

I initially felt this way until their fan base started vacillating between being a victim and being arrogant on an hourly basis. They’re complete hypocrites that try to operate exactly the same way we do, but fail at it over and over and refer to us as “Whore-gon”.

Nope, no empathy.

I understand what you mean.

However, I do like to think that not all beaver fans are like that. After all, we hear from only those that go online to act that way. Not excusing the ones who do act that way, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 1/2/2024 at 3:05 PM, Annie said:

After all, we hear from only those that go online to act that way

I take it you never attended a Far West Classic in the 80’s.

That was before the internet.

The hatred goes back a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

The most amusing conclusion to it all? 

They did it to themselves.  Nobody to blame but themselves...

No conference wanted them, thus it is not like they planned to stay and keep the conference going.  No, they went into stealing mode once they realized they were unwanted and of low value.

But I do feel REAL SORRY for them!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/2/2024 at 3:05 PM, Annie said:

I understand what you mean.

However, I do like to think that not all beaver fans are like that. After all, we hear from only those that go online to act that way. Not excusing the ones who do act that way, though.

Well Annie usually love your takes but I have to politely disagree. 

My wife is the only beaver fan I know that has a semi level head on her shoulders. She was a rally girl at Gladstone High when that school started. Their class chose the colors for the school and they went with black and orange. 

Since that dreaded day in history the graduates from that school are predominantly beaver fans, actually I don’t know any that aren’t beaver fans. they are absolutely the worst fans to be around.

Have gone to many beaver games with these people and had to quit because of their hatred for the Ducks. None of them seemed to be able to curb their mouths at any time. Their hatred for the Ducks is Epic.

My wife and I have been together for over 50 years now and we rarely see any of these beavers any more. Very sad for her. But it is what it is. Poor little me is the bitter beaver fan fight song.

Beaver fans are the absolute worst. IMHO. lol

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/2/2024 at 3:16 PM, DC Featherbutt said:

I take it you never attended a Far West Classic in the 80’s.

That was before the internet.

The hatred goes back a while.

My most exciting game ever at Mac Court involved sitting behind the beavs student section with a couple friends, including Russ Francis and a couple offensive linemen... Never felt so safe at a rivalry game!

• Cool 1
  • Applause 1

On 1/2/2024 at 1:20 PM, Annie said:

Believe it or not, I kind of feel sorry for Beaver Nation

Yes, the fans suck, but I feel so sorry for the players. 💔

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/2/2024 at 4:05 PM, Just Ducky said:

Well Annie usually love your takes but I have to politely disagree. 

My wife is the only beaver fan I know that has a semi level head on her shoulders. She was a rally girl at Gladstone High when that school started. Their class chose the colors for the school and they went with black and orange. 

Since that dreaded day in history the graduates from that school are predominantly beaver fans, actually I don’t know any that aren’t beaver fans. they are absolutely the worst fans to be around.

Have gone to many beaver games with these people and had to quit because of their hatred for the Ducks. None of them seemed to be able to curb their mouths at any time. Their hatred for the Ducks is Epic.

My wife and I have been together for over 50 years now and we rarely see any of these beavers any more. Very sad for her. But it is what it is. Poor little me is the bitter beaver fan fight song.

Beaver fans are the absolute worst. IMHO. lol

I must admit, I've never been tempted to go up to Corvallis to see a football game up there. 😉

I have been to a ton of them, and you have to trust me that the expression is true… “They hate Oregon more than they love Oregon State.”

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/2/2024 at 3:30 PM, Charles Fischer said:

The most amusing conclusion to it all? 

They did it to themselves.  Nobody to blame but themselves...

No conference wanted them, thus it is not like they planned to stay and keep the conference going.  No, they went into stealing mode once they realized they were unwanted and of low value.

But I do feel REAL SORRY for them!

giphy.gif

I'm sure there is a conference that would take them. 

I'm sure the MWC would take them... 

and I can guarantee the Big Sky would take them. 

But the Beaver ego would never permit it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/3/2024 at 9:01 AM, David Marsh said:

I'm sure the MWC would take them... 

and I can guarantee the Big Sky would take them.

Sure, but they are going to epitomize the college football version of "putting lipstick on a pig," as they take two teams rejected by all the power conferences, and combine them with some Mountain West teams and pretend it is anything but another Mountain West conference?

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/3/2024 at 9:09 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Sure, but they are going to epitomize the college football version of "putting lipstick on a pig," as they take two teams rejected by all the power conferences, and combine them with some Mountain West teams and pretend it is anything but another Mountain West conference?

giphy.gif

AKA the original WAC with OSU/WSU instead of BYU/Air Force,…prefer the original WAC

You could put lipstick on a pig, by any pig my grandpa ever raised would likely gnaw of your arm in the process... Even if it is the hand that feeds them!

And they're still fugly and smelly!

Edited by woundedknees

I’m with Annie. In spite of being the recipient of occasional bad behavior on the part of my Beaver friends over the years, I find myself feeling sorry for them. Immediately after spending millions on facility renovations, the PAC-12 disintegrates, they lose Jonathan Smith, and then they lose most of their key players. It’s a chain of events that was unimaginable a year ago. The PAC-12 hit an iceberg and they were trapped in a lower room.

I guess, as a native Oregonian, in spite of the fact that I’m irritated by certain Beavers from time to time, I really don’t hate them. If I hate anyone, it’s Kliovkoff and the idiotic decisions made by university presidents that led up to the collapse of the PAC-12. Even if they manage to keep a chunk of their PAC-2 war chest after all of the legal dust settles, they have a tough road ahead of them. I’m interested to see how they manage to climb out of the mess they are in, and I wish them well.

• Thumbs Up 2