Charles Fischer

The Enemy of My Enemy...is Thrashed by Oregon!

"The Enemy of My Enemy...Still Needs to be Thrashed."

Ducks win 89-84!

Oregon Mens Basketball plays the Cougars in Pullman tonight at 7:00 PM on ESPNU

Oregon Faces Washington State in Pullman

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

GO DUCKS!

Oregon will try for its fourth straight league win and critical road sweep Saturday at Washington State

For just the fourth time in program history, under men's basketball head coach Dana Altman, the Ducks are 3-0 in league play.

Saturday night, they'll try and become just the third program to reach 4-0 status when they face a gritty and tough Washington State program from Beasley Coliseum in Pullman.

All the while, Oregon's NCAA Tournament resume has quietly improved over their 4-game winning streak going into Saturday night. A chance at a quality road win and a road sweep in early January makes this game a critical one...

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon Ducks Basketball heads to Washington State for a big early conference road game.

It's going to be tough; they have two bigs who played well vs OSU.

Small ball and 3s will be needed.

Great win in the Palouse, it's been a very tough place for Oregon for the last 6 years, huge to do this without Dante and Bittle.

I hate to say this because he was a player who stayed for a long time, but the biggest difference between this year and last year is the lack of Richardson playing the point.  The ball moves so much better, we have a player in Shelsted who wants the ball, wants to hit the big shot, Richardson last year seemed to never want that alpha dog mentality. 

It's unfortunate that we didn't have a backcourt that could help Will makeup for what he lacked, but it's pretty evident that it's a different team without him dribbling forever without any intent.

We also have some big improvements in shooting, this is partly because we're moving the ball better, we're playing defense at a higher level, just more energy in our play, you can tell that they're having more fun than last year.

I'm beginning to think we should be looking at trying to challenge for the league now, sort of depends on when we get Dante back and at what level is he going to be at when he comes back, but 4-0 is an awesome start especially since I think WSU is going to win a bunch of games at their place this year.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

They seem like a bunch of unentitled grinders.  Kind of like SDSU last year.  Something that has been missing in recent Duck rosters lately imo.  Now if Dana would quit being a grump...🤣

• Thumbs Up 3

Really excited to see the 4-0 conference start by the team. Every early win matters during selection time for the tourney.

These early wins help build confidence even though these wins came from playing the bottom half of the PAC.

Hopefully the big guys can return soon.

Go Ducks.....

• Applause 1

I'm really hoping that the Ducks can continue to play at a high level as they begin to take on the better teams in the Pac.

I felt bad for Dana last year when he had to call out the fans for not showing up to the NIT game against Wisconsin.  I understood his frustration, yet the key component to getting fans to show is putting a product on the floor that they want to see. In all honesty we didn't have that last year.

As I have watched the games so far, what I'm seeing is poor attendance across the board. Were there a hundred people at the game in Pullman?  It was hard to tell. But I felt I could count them all.

I saw a Stanford game that you could've heard crickets at and there have been plenty of seats at the USC games I've seen.

So, it doesn't seem to be an Oregon problem as much as it seems endemic at least on the west coast.  Hopefully, the Ducks continue their upward trajectory and the fans come out in response.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/6/2024 at 10:16 PM, candyduck said:

They seem like a bunch of unentitled grinders.  Kind of like SDSU last year.  Something that has been missing in recent Duck rosters lately imo.  Now if Dana would quit being a grump...🤣

Yes!  💯 agree.  Unentitled scrappy players are the type of players that Altman excels at aligning that "Rubik's Cube" with.  It's not "grumpiness" it's frustration cause Altman knows 🦆🏀 is just a few cubes away.

Besides, Id miss his game time "Mr Hyde" compared to his day to day demeanor of "Dr Jeckle". 😁

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1