Duckley Palace

Lane Kiffin Chirping

With Oregon recruiting at an SEC level, and t having the nerve to take two of the top transfer QBs. Lane Kiffin is upset again. He lost his RB, and apparently he believes it wasn't solely a money move.

This is meant to be Ole Miss's year, stop poaching talent. It's not fair!!! How can Lane win a title if programs like Oregon are using it's resources to win? Alabama fans are pretty ticked off too. Taking advantage of Saban leaving. Big Ten schools have no class.

WWW.BARSTOOLSPORTS.COM

I don't know if this was a complaint about Ohio State hand picking the top players out of the portal like they had first dibs...

Kiffin supposedly knows what teams are spending. I doubt Ohio State only spent 13 million. I have a feeling it was at least double, but maybe they get a discount because they are Ohio State.

I bet the whole SEC is going to be shocked if they ever see what Oregon can offer up. That's without a full Big Ten market share.

• Thumbs Up 2

I look forward to Chip Kelly's protege coming to Eugene October 12th. Ryan Day has all the toys he needs to succeed, and a seat that is hotter than anyones in football. 

Alumni don't spend money like that without expectations. As Spiderman said, with great power comes great responsibility, and I don't see Day as up to the standard needed for the responsibility of all that talent. 

My green glasses like where we are at, and have no envy of Day and the way tosu plays. I like the Lanning plan, and Day is just a deadman walking.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It’s put up or shut up time in college football.

Most coaches don’t like an even playing field.

It's a money game now whether they like it or not.

The Kiffer, notwithstanding the surprising loss of RB Judkins to Ohio State, should be smiling over the impact players, especially on D, that he has picked from the portal. 

Plus, no Bama, Mizzou, and Texas in 2024. Oklahoma and Georgia trip to Oxford. The toughest road game on paper is at LSU, a team Ole Miss defeated in a shootout last season. This is a season where Ole Miss should make the 12-team PO field.

Ohio State is lighting it up with the hire of Bill O'Brien (if O'Brien and Day can stay out of one another's way) and Will Howard, Downs, Sayin, and other quality players from the portal. However, while the Buckeyes D was great last season the O did not play up to tOSU and Day's standards. QB McCord was called out but IMO, the weakest link on the Buckeyes O last season was the OL. A position group that has declined since the departure of Urban Meyer. 

Kiff goin' to be Kiff.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/23/2024 at 8:57 AM, Just Ducky said:

It's a money game now whether they like it or not.

It's always been a money game, now it is just legal, so the SEC's virtual monopoly is gone.

• Mic drop 2

On 1/23/2024 at 6:32 AM, Haywarduck said:

I don't see Day as up to the standard needed for the responsibility of all that talent.

Day is following a championship coach, albeit one with a ton of skeletons, so he gets a pass. Until he loses to OBD and Michigan in the same season...

With Florida being investigated for level two violations regarding NIL, in their recruitment of Rashada. We really need a clear set of rules, because the NCAA seems to not even know. 

Kiffin, or any SEC coach in general, should stop this finger pointing game. Ole Miss is not going to be able to match Oregon, but for years they benefited from geography. Let's be real here, most of the teams in the SEC contribute nothing to it being so dominant. Same goes for the Big Ten.

So Oregon began marketing itself, doing it legally by the way. But people in Arkansas don't understand why a kid from Florida, Georgia, or Texas,  would ever play in Oregon. USC feels the same, a big reason they wanted to keep Oregon out of the Big Ten.

On 1/23/2024 at 4:12 PM, criticalduck said:

Day is following a championship coach, albeit one with a ton of skeletons, so he gets a pass. Until he loses to OBD and Michigan in the same season...

4 Ls in a row to Michigan and I think that Day can say, 'Good Night, Columbus.'

On 1/23/2024 at 3:23 PM, Jon Joseph said:

4 Ls in a row to Michigan and I think that Day can say, 'Good Night, Columbus.'

As he should be. That's why he's embracing all the outsiders now. It worked with him with Knowles.

Lanning isn't anywhere near a hot seat, but if we lose to Washington again this upcoming season, there will be griping.