Charles Fischer

NFC Final: San Francisco or Detroit? Why?

I gotta admit that I've always been a little bit of a SF fan, especially now because of a couple of starters on defense who are Ducks.  I love the underdog story in how Detroit is finally winning, but they will have their chances again later, I believe.

I'd like to see the Niners get this done before the roster ages out.  (Armstead?)

Who do you like, and who do you think will win and why?

image.png

Mr. FishDuck

As noted in the AFC championship game thread I am hoping for a SF/BALT rematch.  

I am loving the Dan "bite em on the knees on the way up" Campbell and the rejuvenated Detroit Lions team and do believe they are a Superbowl caliber team.  And Detroit definitely has the more experienced quarterback who has Actually played in a Superbowl.

However, Christian McCaffrey, probably more than any other player on the field in this game, wants/Needs this win and he will put any and all of his SF teammates on his back (why not, he does it regularly with opposing defenders) and will Refuse to let SF lose this game.

At least I hope so, cause he is my primary back in my playoff fantasy football league!  🤪

San Fransisco VS Baltimore Super Duper Bowl!

• Thumbs Up 1

Motor City! Why? A Penei for my thoughts and SFO QB Purdy has struggled down the stretch, especially with Deebo injured. This could be a big homecoming for Jared Goff.

Detroit has wandered in the desert long enough. And the Lions coach has 'go for it' guts. 

But, watch out for (Heisman Winner, sigh) McCaffery. 

A Super Bowl rematch of when the Harbaugh Brothers went head-to-head. Hope we see Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh again soon with Justin at the controls for LAC.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

WWW.MERCURYNEWS.COM

Jared Goff, a Novato native and Marin Catholic High School star, will have a “caravan” of fans at the NFC Championship Game in Levi’s Stadium.

I want Detroit to win.

My wife is from Detroit. The city, and its fans have suffered long enough. Kind of a great Cinderella story if they won the Super Bowl. However, what’s left of the city may get torn down in the “celebration “ of that win. 

Plus, I never have been a San Fran fan. Tough not to like Mcaffery though. He definitely is worth watching. 

• Applause 1