NJDuck

Coach Lanning and Staff Breaking Down the 2024 Recruiting Class

Head Coach Dan Lanning, Offensive Coordinator Will Stein, Defensive Coordinator Tosh Lupoi and Chief of Staff Marshall Malchow break down the 2024 recruiting class.  Go to around the 3:04 mark.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 Years of Changing The Game

This short video was made 4 years ago.  For your enjoyment.  My have we come a long ways.

GO DUCKS, FLY HIGH!!

Dan Lanning breaks down 2024 signing class, previews upcoming spring season

Wednesday is a notable event in the world of college football, with the 2024 recruiting cycle officially coming to a close.

While the Oregon Ducks signed the bulk of their players during the early signing period back in December, they were able to add a massive piece Wednesday, signing 5-star wide receiver Gatlin Bair to the class.

On Wednesday morning, head coach Dan Lanning (see post No. 1) went on with the Oregon Sports Network radio show, talking to hosts Joey McMurry and Jerry Allen about the latest recruiting class while also looking ahead to the upcoming spring season and giving a bit of a preview for the upcoming 2024 season.

Here are some of the most notable quotes from that interview:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Ducks head coach Dan Lanning broke down the 2024 recruiting class and previewed the upcoming spring season on...

• Thumbs Up 1

Lanning: 'This is the most talented roster I've had since we've been here'

Oregon has had one of the top recruiting classes in the country as well as tearing it up in the transfer portal.  The Big Ten wanted the Ducks, but after next season, they might come to regret that invitation.

My feelings, they got us on the cheap.  Big Ten will be reaper big rewards in television views per game and future playoff money.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.

Dan Lanning has all the confidence in the world that his 2024 Duck team will compete for a Big Ten Conference title and more.

SIGNED: West Linn kicker Gage Hurych stays home with the Ducks

According to 247sports.com, Hurych is the No.21 kicker in the country.

Odds arfe Hurych will use the 2024 season as a redshirt year as he learns the tools of the trade from transfer kicker Atticus Sappington, who is expected to be the Duck kicker in the inaugural season in the Big Ten.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

SIGNED: West Linn kicker Gage Hurych stays home with the Ducks and will learn under the tutelage of Atticus Sappington.

Oregon Ducks Football Is Set for a HUGE 2024 Season

The Oregon Ducks have had an incredible offseason. Can they make the jump to true national championship contender under Dan Lanning? Ari and Max discuss one of college football's most intriguing teams.

Quacking the Roster: QB Transfer Dillon Gabriel

Film review of Gabriel’s 2023 season at Oklahoma

WWW.ADDICTEDTOQUACK.COM

Film review of Gabriel’s 2023 season at Oklahoma

Oregon OC Will Stein on Gatlin Bair: 'He’s not just a track kid, he’s a football player'

Oregon offensive coordinator Will Stein made it clear that five-star wide receiver Gatlin Bair is a football player and not just a sprinter.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon offensive coordinator Will Stein made it clear that five-star wide receiver Gatlin Bair is a football player and not just a sprinter.

The most overlooked improvement that occurred with bring in Dan Lanning, was him convincing the program and boosters for $ and going and getting Marshall Malchow from A&M when they were putting together the top recruiting classes in the country.

What a coup that was. This top 3 class is no anomaly with Malchow as chief of staff.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Adams, Lupoi finish inside top 20 of 2024 recruiter rankings

Junior Adams and Tosh Lupoi finish inside the top 20 of recruiters for the 2024 cycle.

247SPORTS.COM

Junior Adams and Tosh Lupoi finish inside the top 20 of recruiters for the 2024 cycle.

Updated 247 Sports 2024 Roster Composite (recruiting and portal) Top 10 and B1G teams in the top 25.

1. Georgia - Even with losing a 5* QB to Nebraska!

2. Alabama - DeBoer will have a very blue Blue Chip Roster

3. OREGON - DL killing it in recruiting and portal picking.

4. Miami - Will it translate to the field of play?

5. Ohio State - Buckeyes take a back seat behind Puddles.

6. Texas - The game at Michigan is likely the top OOC game of the 2024 season.

7. LSU - IMO, LSU is not getting enough preseason love. No Georgia. Bama, Oklahoma, and Ole Miss play in Baton Rogue.

8. Oklahoma - Houston, Tulane, Tennessee, at Auburn, at Ole Miss, at Mizzou, Bama, at LSU. Whew!

9. Notre Dame - Make or break year for Coach Freeman could come down to playing in LA vs USC in the final regular season game.

10. Auburn - Nice recruiting on the way to a rebuild. Our friend Robbie Ashford has transferred to South Carolina.

15. Penn State/ 16. Michidan/ 17. USC/ 18. Nebraska/ 23. Wisconsin

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/7/2024 at 12:20 PM, Jon Joseph said:

4. Miami - Will it translate to the field of play?

I was going to ask what everyone thinks the over/under for the Hurlcans under MC? Great recruiting has never equated great teams! I say his team loses 4 games next season.

On 2/7/2024 at 12:26 PM, criticalduck said:

I was going to ask what everyone thinks the over/under for the Hurlcans under MC? Great recruiting has never equated great teams! I say his team loses 4 games next season.

3 1/2 I would say, if I had to bet I would say they go 8-4.  I think they lose at Florida, at Cal, at Louisville, and home to Va Tech.

Plenty of other games they could lose (at Ga Tech, FSU, Duke)

The 'difficult games on the Hurricanes 2024 schedule - Away - Florida, Louisville, Georgia Tech, and perhaps, Cal?

Home - VA Tech, FSU, Duke. 

There could be 4 Ls here no doubt. And Mario usually drops 1 game he should win. 

I get your recruiting point but no team without a Blue Chip Roster won the BCS or the 4-team Playoff title. 

On 2/7/2024 at 4:14 PM, spartan2785 said:

3 1/2 I would say, if I had to bet I would say they go 8-4.  I think they lose at Florida, at Cal, at Louisville, and home to Va Tech.

Plenty of other games they could lose (at Ga Tech, FSU, Duke)

I LOVE your Cal call! Great post, you beat me to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/7/2024 at 1:21 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I LOVE your Cal call! Great post, you beat me to it.

I know a lot of people like to bag on Wilcox in here, but he's a good coach imo (for Cal I mean), he's going to win some games at home nobody thinks they should, could be a sleeper in the ACC with that QB.

• Thumbs Up 1

. Miami - Will it translate to the field of play?

In Harford, Hereford and Hampshire, Hurricanes hardly ever happen.

--  Henry Higgins

• Great post! 1

Junior Adams Named PAC-12 Recruiter of the Year

His selection is near the bottom of the article.

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Georgia assistant coach Tray Scott has been named the 2024 Rivals Recruiter of the Year.

Boy it sure is interesting to look now at Tray Scott's first couple of years in Athens. He had recruiting misses on the two highest profile DLs in the state and faced calls for his firing at his misses. Then he recruited a couple of lesser luminaries, Davanta Wyatt and Jordan Davis, and turned them into first-round NFL draft choices. Add Trayvon Walker, Nolan Smith, and Jaylen Carter to that exalted list and now recruits are eager to meet the guy and hear his pitch.