NJDuck

National Signing Day: The 10 Teams to Sign the Most Blue-Chip Recruits in 2024 Class

No teams brought in more elite talent than these.

247SPORTS.COM

No teams brought in more elite talent than these.

• Thanks 1

Rivals NSD Studio Show: Oregon coach Dan Lanning interview

Interviewer said to Dan Lanning turning down a coaching opportunity at Alabama is a once and a life time.  Dan said in response, To be able to coach at Oregon is a once and a life time opportunity.

National Signing Day: Big 12 poised to finish outside top 20 in recruiting rankings amid Texas, Oklahoma exits

It marks the first time in the 247Sports era that the league has been shut out of the top 20

Out of the 16 teams, Texas Tech at No 24 is the only team that finished with a top-30 class.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

It marks the first time in the 247Sports era that the league has been shut out of the top 20

• Wow 1

Chip Kelly, Go To Your Room! 

UCLA's Compsite Ranking is No. 86! This brings up the rear of the B1G including Northwestern (with zero transfers brought in), Indiana, and Purdue. No wonder he is interviewing to be the Seahawks OC. 

Is the guy just lazy, doesn't give a whip, or both? Top drawer academic school with a beautiful campus in Westwood. You can't sell this? 

Michigan, Washington, UCLA, and Northwestern, you just made the wrong list.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

These programs need to step up their efforts on the trail after some lackluster results in the 2024 cycle

Anyone know how many scholarship players we have now?

On 2/7/2024 at 3:26 PM, Jon Joseph said:

UCLA's Compsite Ranking is No. 86! This brings up the rear of the B1G including Northwestern (with zero transfers brought in), Indiana, and Purdue. No wonder he is interviewing to be the Seahawks OC. 

Is the guy just lazy, doesn't give a whip, or both? Top drawer academic school with a beautiful campus in Westwood. You can't sell this? 

He is supposedly interviewing for Seahawks OC job tonite.

• Thanks 1

I will simply caution (again) to all the star gazers out there that star ratings only matter if the players holding the honors have their heads screwed on right and can get developed in their new homes. Certain schools in recent years have looked like the Milky Way for all their talent without accomplishing much between the lines---which is really all that matters. Notable examples of underachievers IMHO are T$M and the U in Miami in recent years. There will be more such examples, but I am not terribly worried at this point that Oregon will be one of them.

If properly evaluated, talent is the lifeblood of success But that success is not pre-ordained.

Where Oregon Ducks stand in first expanded Big Ten 2024 recruiting rankings

One of the most important ways to build a roster and set yourself up for success is via recruiting, where Lanning has established himself as one of the best in the nation during his coaching career. But with the move to the new conference, will Oregon be able to recruit among the best?

The results are in after the first official 2024 recruiting cycle class rankings.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

A look at where the Oregon Ducks rank among all Big Ten teams in the first expanded recruiting rankings for the 2024 class.

Oregon among teams with most blue-chip signees in 2024 recruiting class

With the 2024 recruiting cycle now officially in the books, it’s given us the ability to look back and take stock of where the best teams in the nation stood when it comes to acquiring the best talent available.

Dan Lanning and the Oregon Ducks did a great job in this aspect, signing the best class in school history which is currently ranked third in the nation.

While some classes out there are ranked highly because the the sheer number of players they signed, bringing in over 30 prep recruits, one way we can see how good a class is at the top is by looking at the number of blue-chip players signed. A blue-chip player is defined as a four or five-star player.

So where did Oregon rank among the best teams in the nation when it comes to the number of blue-chip players they signed in the 2024 cycle?

Take a look:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks are among the teams with the most blue-chip signees in the 2024 recruiting cycle in the nation.

Signing day 2024: Highlights, signings and scout breakdowns

Wrapping up the 2024 recruiting cycle

The Class of 2024 is coming to a close. Not much changed on signing day given how much happened during the early signing period and transfer portal.

Which school has the most ESPN 300 recruits?

Georgia: 21

Alabama: 18

Oregon: 17

LSU, Texas: 14

Ohio State: 13

Miami: 12

Oklahoma, Auburn, Penn State, Florida State: 11

Top 10 classes

1. Georgia
  2. Alabama
  3. Ohio State
  4. Oregon
  5. Texas
  6. Miami
  7. LSU
  8. Oklahoma
  9. Auburn
  10. Florida
WWW.ESPN.COM

The recruiting cycle for the Class of 2024 has come to a close. We rounded up the moments from Wednesday's signing day.

I would venture to say that an incredibly high percentage of top 5 players in any position are abnormally disciplined and committed. Looking at their physique and level of play lends to the amount of time they put into the process. Of course, being told you are the greatest and then playing against other highly committed kids tends to bring them to reality. 

@Nevada Dawg

Totally!  It’s why Jonathan Smith is a great coach.  He develops his players to their maximum potential 

Like you, I’ve seen nothing to give me pause around DL and the staff’s ability to convert talent into results.  The Ducks *have* improved y/y.  

This season should be telling as it’s year 3 and he’s got real talent on both sides of the ball.  Their D should be nasty now that the secondary has some scary talent back there and the line is bigger, faster, and stronger (why yes, I use the Oxford comma). 

Next year will tell us a lot about the staff’s ability to develop a young QB (Moore). 

So a lot of information coming this season and next.  

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/8/2024 at 8:15 AM, CalBear95 said:

(why yes, I use the Oxford comma)

lol

I've got nothing but love for the Oxford comma.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Realignment has only furthered the two conferences' stranglehold on the recruiting rankings

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

On 2/7/2024 at 10:13 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

I will simply caution (again) to all the star gazers out there that star ratings only matter if the players holding the honors have their heads screwed on right and can get developed in their new homes. Certain schools in recent years have looked like the Milky Way for all their talent without accomplishing much between the lines---which is really all that matters. Notable examples of underachievers IMHO are T$M and the U in Miami in recent years. There will be more such examples, but I am not terribly worried at this point that Oregon will be one of them.

If properly evaluated, talent is the lifeblood of success But that success is not pre-ordained.

Right on, otherwise USC and ND would have had a couple titles each the last 10 - 15 years.

At the same time, no matter how much you polish 💩 it’s still 💩.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

On 2/7/2024 at 3:26 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Speaking as someone who has a kid at UCLA, not sure how you can’t sell it, my kid was sold the minute she set foot on campus.

As to Chipster, I think it’s all the above with a dash of arrogance. He thinks he’s smart enough to out-scheme anyone as long as he has “good enough” talent.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/7/2024 at 10:13 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

Oregon fans are well aware of the dangers of only focusing on recruiting stars. That coach down at Miami chased stars and didn’t properly evaluate and/or develop that talent he brought to Eugene. Many of them transferred out when Dan Lanning arrived.  

I disagree with the poster about top 5 talent at their positions. You’ve got to have a drive or hunger to reach your full potential.  

Edited by OregonDucks