Dave23

UO vs UW Basketball Game Tread

Ducks coming out strong playing some decent D, Evans is active and I love it when he plays tenacious D. Offense is doing a lot of pushing the ball off of turnovers and scoring in transition. A little sloppy here and there but I like the pace.

Ehh, we won

• Thumbs Up 1

It looked like they took their foot off the gas a little too soon. They also had a lot of trouble with the press, which seems surprising.

You'd think they would deal with that a lot in practice since Dana likes to throw that at other teams all the time.

The prevent offense almost did Dana in.  I will never comprehend why a team that is 20 points ahead thinks it’s a good thing to change the pace of the game and quit trying to score points. The margin went from 20 points to one point with two minutes left.  the Ducks went seven minutes without a field goal!  Often turning the ball over, or bricking few throws.

• Thumbs Up 1

Beating the Huskies in any sport is sweet, even if it is ugly.  Bastards.

My apologies to all; I have not posted much at all in the last couple of days due to my moving out of my home.  I sure appreciate others picking up the slack...

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 2/8/2024 at 10:53 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Beating the Huskies in any sport is sweet, even if it is ugly.  Bastards.

Agreed.  The Ducks need to complete the sweep of the Northwest the rest of the way (amongst other things).

The Ducks played scared down the stretch, stopped moving, frankly looked discombobulated. They made a couple of plays at the end……and escaped.

Forget this one.

On to Wazoo.

Well.  A win is a win, but Dana voiced it correctly in the post game interview.  "You cannot be making the mistakes that this team was making last night on February 8th."

Defense was... sporadic and damn near non existent the last 8 minutes of the game.  I DO NOT understand how this team goes cold sooo fast during the course of a game.  Frustrating part is it is usually not anything that the opposing team does, OBD just go cold.  At least we seem to have finally worked through our FREEthrows and has become a strength as of late.

Dante.  Don't know what to say.  He definitely effects "the paint" and has some nice inside moves.  However, he has been getting "punked" inside on the defensive end of the court.  Way too many "easy" baskets from opposing players against a body that should be preventing those with ease.  After all it was one of the reasons this team just had to "hangon" until our inside bigs got back.  Unfortunately it is not making a whole lot of difference on the defensive end of the court.  That needs to change!

For the most part I enjoyed the game but getting tired of early/late game lapses.  This team is really good when playing to their ability.  Just can't seem to get outta their heads when things unravel.  But again even through the letdowns I still have not seen this team "give up" on a game.  That alone keeps me hopeful for this final run for OBD basketball will reward them for the tenacity.

But.  It is February 8th.  Now or never Quackers!

• Thumbs Up 1

I've just made peace with myself, that we won't be consistent enough to make a real push, that UCLA game kind of killed it for me, to come back in the first half, and then get beat over over again on a simple pick and roll was depressing.

There are some exciting pieces for the future, but I just don't see anymore a way to make a push this year.