Duckley Palace

Oregon State Fighting For The Citizens Of Oregon

Okay, so this article is a little old. It was published a month after "Oregon killed the Pac-12".

But the jist concludes that Oregon State wasn't fighting for assets for itself. It was doing it for the every man. The farmer, plumber, electrician, and all those poor little kids that are being ripped off. As evil, Big corporate Nike steals from their pockets. Just to prop up Oregon!!!

I can't make this up. There aren't any facts, just feelings. Oregon State is crying foul because the Pac-12 imploding is going to put them in a financial distress, right after a two hundred million dollar project on their crappy football facilities. 

My daddy told me to watch my money. Never spend a dollar when only a dime is guaranteed. But evidently they don't teach economics in Corvallis.

LEADERSHIP.OREGONSTATE.EDU

Jayathi Y. Murthy, president of Oregon State University On a typical fall football weekend at Oregon State University...

• Yikes! 1
  • Haha 1

What an incredible crock.

They wanted out, just like 10 other teams, but the final two were rejected by all P-5 conferences in the free market. Thus no matter what picture they tried to paint, the reality is, they are MountainWest teams, and have been for decades.

They have been overvalued, and massively overpaid for what they provided the rest of the PAC-12 conference, and thus should actually be penalized for the drag on the rest of the conference they have created, due to their lack of building, their brand and their audience. 

Because they could not be accepted by  any of the power five conferences, they re-retreated into the only position left available, and instead of sharing the PAC-12 revenue by those who actually earned it, they choose to try to steal it.

Why, nobody else in any other media source is not calling this the greatest sports con of the century, is beyond me.

Think of it.., the president of their university is willingly participating in an attempt to deceive everyone of the truth, without taking any responsibility for creating their own results.

it epitomizes the victim culture of the day, where you can be completely in the wrong, and yet successfully portray otherwise.

It’s sickens me.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

A veritible boatload!  Fantasy from bark rat nation

The Beav has been content with just being a P5 member. So they have a good couple years, and they finally make an investment in their facilities. All of a sudden we're supposed to forget the majority of their history?

I'm agitated that Oregon has been made to look like the bad guys that don't care about the fans. When our leadership took a program that was an also ran prior to the late 90's, and made the product exciting, innovative, and competitive with the powers. To me, that's caring about the fans. Oregon State fans need to be upset with Oregon State.

They're parasites, entitled ones at that. They got more than they ever put in, and now they want more. More payouts, an easier path to a playoff spot, and recognition of being a P4 program. They deserve nothing, they deserve the same fate as the left behind of the old Big East conference.

Keep investing, winning. Building up your brand like Oregon has done. Then perhaps the Big Twelve may want them. Why didn't Cincy or UCF get a payout, and access to the BCS system after the Big East dissolved? Why did they have to punch above their weight to get into a P5 league?

I'm with Charles. I'm sick of hearing about poor Oregon State.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On a lighter note, I think we have a new team to dislike in our new conference. If you want a laugh, listen to the three Husker guys in this video 👇. The one Ohio State guy at least has a program that can brag, and he's far less insulting to OBD.

They really don't know what's coming their way.

• Wow 1

Fish is correct.  The really self-delusional thing is how they regard their own value.

When USC/UCLA left, the TV value of the remaining 10 dropped precipitously.  It was obvious in the absence of TV bids after that announcement when the 10 "went to market."

Now, when 8 more leave, there is an absence not only of TV bids but of conference affiliation offers.  Why?  Because the 2 remaining have little value on their own.

So, the two are angry that the other 8 didn't stick around to prop up their value, because they obviously couldn't carry their own weight.  After suckling off the value of USC, UW, UO, perhaps UCLA and a couple others for years, they want it to continue...and in equal shares for the 10...which would diminish what the departing 8 could otherwise obtain.

They rationalize it by claiming, "well, 35 million per year isn't that much more than 25 million" without acknowledging the 35 will grow at a higher rate in the future than the 25 would have.

And thus, the schools at the forefront of departure:  Colorado, Arizona, Washington, Oregon are therefore to blame for their own 2 school self generated predicament.   The blame is cast largely on UW/UO while ignoring others because "our sister schools should have taken a haircut to save us."

If the 8 had stuck around, it would only have very likely been temporary regardless, and in the interim the 8 suffer loss of revenue, loss of preferred TV network exposure, loss of public consciousness, and further loss of value for future negotiations.

Perhaps the 8 should borrow the line of the dating couple who break up and tell the 2, "it's not me, it's you." 

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/14/2024 at 3:13 AM, Duckley Palace said:

On a lighter note, I think we have a new team to dislike in our new conference. If you want a laugh, listen to the three Husker guys in this video 👇. The one Ohio State guy at least has a program that can brag, and he's far less insulting to OBD.

This group really did not do their due diligence on Oregon.  As far as they are concerned, nothing good will come from the Pac-12  🤔Hmm, tell me again what has Nebraska done since they've joined?  Shall we say goose egg?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/13/2024 at 10:42 PM, Charles Fischer said:

They wanted out, just like 10 other teams,

They still want out! 

I saw a quote just a day or two ago that Oregon State's President is still trying to find a "Power Conference" to join and if that doesn't work they'll rebuild the Pac-12. Which also implies that even he doesn't consider the Pac-12 (2) to be a Power Conference any longer. 

I think they only way they get out of G5 hell is if they get themselves to the playoff in a legitimate fashion and not through farce that the Pac-12 should have an auto-bid. Reach the playoff enough times and a Power Conference will take notice and might be interested.  

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 8:11 AM, NJDuck said:

🤔Hmm, tell me again what has Nebraska done since they've joined?  Shall we say goose egg?

Marketshare! that's about it... 

Only reason why Rutgers and Maryland were brought into the B1G as well. 

On 2/14/2024 at 3:13 AM, Duckley Palace said:

This is great information from someone who is better equip on the national scene/Big Ten.  Worth reading and listening to.

How quickly will the Oregon Ducks find success in the Big Ten?

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

With a move to the Big Ten Conference, how quickly will the Oregon Ducks be able to adapt and find success?

• Thanks 1

"poor' Oregon State?

Is their new Acronym "p.O.S.U."?

• Haha 2

On 2/14/2024 at 8:18 AM, David Marsh said:

They still want out! 

I saw a quote just a day or two ago that Oregon State's President is still trying to find a "Power Conference" to join and if that doesn't work they'll rebuild the Pac-12. Which also implies that even he doesn't consider the Pac-12 (2) to be a Power Conference any longer. 

I think they only way they get out of G5 hell is if they get themselves to the playoff in a legitimate fashion and not through farce that the Pac-12 should have an auto-bid. Reach the playoff enough times and a Power Conference will take notice and might be interested.  

Yep, they’d still leave in a heartbeat if someone (even the ACC) wanted them…which is why they can go sit and spin with this ridiculous narrative.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 2/14/2024 at 5:15 PM, Jon Joseph said:
On 2/14/2024 at 11:11 AM, NJDuck said:

This group really did not do their due diligence on Oregon.  As far as they are concerned, nothing good will come from the Pac-12  🤔Hmm, tell me again what has Nebraska done since they've joined?  Shall we say goose egg?

Do not sell Nebraska short! Nebraska accomplished what only 1 school in the B1G has accomplished, it is the only one out of 18 B1G member institutions to flunk out of AAU membership. Without being an AAU member at the time, Nebraska never would have been invited to join the B1G. 

The last time the Cornhuskers appeared in a bowl game was in 2016 when Nebraska lost to Tennessee 24 - 38. That's 7 seasons in a row with 5 or fewer wins. 

In 2023, Nebraska and OREGON shared a common opponent. OREGON 42 - Colorado 6 / Colorado 36 - Nebraska 14.

Puddles, run for cover! 

😂🤣😘

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bleacher Report is shucking the Huskers in 2024 and storm warnings are up for the Hurricanes.

BLEACHERREPORT.COM

College football has several storied programs, featuring the likes of Alabama, USC, Notre Dame and Ohio State among the all-time leaders in wins and…

I don't think Nebraska was brought in for the same reasons as Rutgers, or Maryland. I mean they celebrate that their football stadium becomes the biggest populace center in the state. Not Lincoln, but the stadium.

They are top 10 in wins, they are supposed to be a blue blood. But they are more on the level of Iowa. They just sign top 25 classes, instead of top 50. They certainly don't pose a challenge to Michigan or Ohio State. 

It's not through a lack of support though. They spend money, pack their stadium, and have high expectations. Unlike Oregon State, who depends on Oregon to provide a sellout.

But a reality check is headed both their ways. Oregon State is a never was. Nebraska is a has been until proven otherwise.