The Grateful Duck

Lady Beavs on to the Elite 8!!!

I don't care about Pig2 hate. An Oregon school moves on. Through adversity and a great Irish team, beans move on!

• Oh no! 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

This is a great win for the Lady Beavs! While (most of) the OSU fan base can pound sand while simultaneously f*%#ing themselves, I'll root for the athletes and appreciate the performances.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yawn!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Eh, the state pride ship sailed for me once every game started to appear on TV.

It’s not like it’s a team of all Oregonians with a rare chance to market the state to the world on TV for the first time.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

On 3/29/2024 at 2:07 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Yawn!

I am curious. Is this equivalent to a thumbs down emoji? Many times in the past few months I have wanted to either type Yawn or show a GIF of someone yawning. I decided not to do this because I felt it went against the spirit of the FishDuck rules. 

I was about to congratulate the athletes when… I thought of their fans.

It’s a good thing that I’ve made it known that, “I never said I was Noble!”

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Respect to OSU WBB for beating ND and advancing. Watching So. Carolina with PaoPao and Indiana with Sydney Parrish battle it out in their bracket. Pretty damn sad they felt they needed to leave Oregon to succeed. 

Sad but true. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not related specifically to the Oregon State, but I must confess it's really difficult to watch former women's Duck basketball players starting and absolutely thriving at other programs.  What on earth has happened to our women's basketball program?

Sydney Parish (Indiana), Te-Hina Paopao (South Carolina), Jaz Shelley (Nebraska), Kylee Watson (Notre Dame), Maddie Scherr (Kentucky), and Angela Dugalic (UCLA).  I haven't even followed WWBB this year and their names are coming up everywhere.

• Wow 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes! What on Earth happened to our program.  From Sabrina 4 yrs ago to the absolute pits of today.  And yes, with all those players leaving for other schools.  What exactly happened to our women's basketball program?  Oregon St in the elite 8 and Ducks in the bottom ten...  give me a break..  tell me the truth..  what happened?

• Yikes! 1

As far as I'm concerned, they don't exist.

I'm sorry... This isn't a website for loser Beaver sports. Glad they lost!

Screenshot_20240401-120755.png

On 3/30/2024 at 6:50 AM, Jemangi said:

Yes! What on Earth happened to our program.  From Sabrina 4 yrs ago to the absolute pits of today.  And yes, with all those players leaving for other schools.  What exactly happened to our women's basketball program?  Oregon St in the elite 8 and Ducks in the bottom ten...  give me a break..  tell me the truth..  what happened?

Screenshot_20240401-120755.png

• Thumbs Up 1