Charles Fischer

Bitter Beavis Clings to Delusion...

I am out driving in traffic and have John Canzano on the radio, as he interviews an Oregon State media correspondent about the recent womens basketball game and upcoming contest.  They both complained about the East-Coast media giving the Beavers no credit in advance, and they spoke of how the eastern media did not know anything about Oregon State.

I'm nodding and saying, "no kidding," as I've seen quite a few examples of that among B1G media in their discussion of Oregon football.  I mean c'mon...are you really surprised?  It has always been this way--right?

Then they went on a tangent of how, "Pac-12 departing members will have buyer remorse in a few years.  We have to hold it together for their possible return, as they will not like the travel, the culture, etc."

I shouted at the radio..."you are out of your mind!"  "Didn't you just talk about how Oregon could be on the MOON for all the eastern media is concerned? You think you could approach even HALF of what the B1G is going to pay us, not to mention our massive jump in fans and viewership that will occur?"

"Good gosh, the delusion runs deep!"

Of course it was at this time that I glanced at the car next me at the red light, and noted them staring at the wacko shouting in his vehicle...  (Good thing I never said I was noble)

But I hear the Pig-2 have selected

their new headquarters...

WSU Training Facility_Fox Sports Video.jpg

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

I don’t suppose John had any more scoops on their pending new galactic TV deal that was imminent 3 days ago?

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jabba, remind me please. Was that CW or CS?

• Haha 1

Delenda est.

Actually, the PAC 2bies have destroyed themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just curious, if the MWC has a better TV deal, why would any member want to leave for the PIG2 in the next two years? No power conference status, probably worse TV rights, and cede control to a couple of yahoos? What’s the motivation to switch at that point? 

Will be interesting to watch this unfold.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Applause 1

On 3/29/2024 at 5:24 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

TV deal that was imminent 3 days ago?

It's high school spring break. The students in the AV club that are planning to film and show the games on public access TV don't have access to their school computers until Monday.

Edited by 2002duck
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1

Jabba, the Pac-2 is paying the MW for game inventory for the next two seasons. As part of this deal, the Pac-2 agreed to pay the MW $10M for each MW team it poaches down the road.

This inconvenient fact is off of Wilner's and Canzano's radar. Their reporting of the Pac-2's putative Phoenix-like revival of the Pac-12 and the 'settlement' with the Pac-10 (which was a cave-in and not a settlement) has been right out of Pravda. Nothing but propaganda.

If you were serious about rebuilding the Pac conference to 8 or more teams so the NCAA will consider it to be a conference two seasons from now, would you agree to pay the MW $10M a team for the candidates that make the most sense for expansion? The Pac-12 restructure is a scam to enable the Pac-2 to receive a far greater cut of playoff revenue than the two agreed to receive. But it's Oregon that is duplicitous and amoral, right?

Like Oregon and UW, quality Pac-2 coaches and administrators are fleeing the Pac-2. This also has escaped Wilner and Canzano's observation.

Oregon, UCLA, USC, and UW are not leaving the B1G to again associate with the Pac-2. If the ACC craters, Stanford and Cal may depart a reformed ACC but if so, they will join the B12 and not a newly constructed G5 conference.

Travel? When Minnesota during its 3 year straight college football championships played UW in Seattle, the trip took 8 days round trip. 

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/31/2024 at 8:53 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Jabba, the Pac-2 is paying the MW for game inventory for the next two seasons. As part of this deal, the Pac-2 agreed to pay the MW $10M for each MW team it poaches down the road.

This inconvenient fact is off of Wilner's and Canzano's radar. Their reporting of the Pac-2's putative Phoenix-like revival of the Pac-12 and the 'settlement' with the Pac-10 (which was a cave-in and not a settlement) has been right out of Pravda. Nothing but propaganda.

If you were serious about rebuilding the Pac conference to 8 or more teams so the NCAA will consider it to be a conference two seasons from now, would you agree to pay the MW $10M a team for the candidates that make the most sense for expansion? The Pac-12 restructure is a scam to enable the Pac-2 to receive a far greater cut of playoff revenue than the two agreed to receive. But it's Oregon that is duplicitous and amoral, right?

Like Oregon and UW, quality Pac-2 coaches and administrators are fleeing the Pac-2. This also has escaped Wilner and Canzano's observation.

Oregon, UCLA, USC, and UW are not leaving the B1G to again associate with the Pac-2. If the ACC craters, Stanford and Cal may depart a reformed ACC but if so, they will join the B12 and not a newly constructed G5 conference.

Travel? When Minnesota during its 3 year straight college football championships played UW in Seattle, the trip took 8 days round trip. 

So I’m inferring they have no intent to actually rebuild the conference? 😆 

• Applause 1

On 3/31/2024 at 11:59 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

So I’m inferring they have no intent to actually rebuild the conference? 😆 

You broke the code!

• Haha 1

Speaking of breaking, OSU women’s hoops players are starting to enter the portal and Beavis fans are turning on each other…this is going to be a shame. 😆 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

On 4/2/2024 at 6:42 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Speaking of breaking, OSU women’s hoops players are starting to enter the portal and Beavis fans are turning on each other…this is going to be a shame. 😆 

Yep.  That is why the Pig-2 needed to steal over 300 million from the other ten teams who actually earned it.

It is a natural transition going on...of Power-5 talent moving away from Group-of-5 teams.

Makes me so SAD for them!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/2/2024 at 7:03 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Yep.  That is why the Pig-2 needed to steal over 300 million from the other ten teams who actually earned it.

It is a natural transition going on...of Power-5 talent moving away from Group-of-5 teams.

Makes me so SAD for them!

giphy.gif

Maybe if they explained to the kids the department has got some money coming the departments way they’d want to play G5 ball? No? A solid budget for 2 years doesn’t move the needle on the field/court ?? No??

I'm definitely not noble.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

Last year I went on one of their message sites, probably February. I saw a thread started back in October 2022. It was a poll asking what it would take for Oregon State to allow USC back into the conference.

Some responses were two for ones, never ever, and my favorite "Kiss every butt up and down the coast, then giving up five years of revenue. They must be on their knees!!!".

So USC was going to give up their new 75 million a year, all while breaking the new grant of rights deal with their new league. All so they can lose home games as a penance, and giving whatever revenue they have left after not getting their 75 million, to the true heros. 

These people are truly business graduates from the Kim Jong Un academy of deities.