Smith72

Legendary College Football Progam Loses Three Players To Transfer Portal Within One Hour After It Opened

image.thumb.png.cbf17c0376e68541b81a0198e3e5f147.png

msn.com/en-us/sports/other/legendary-college-football-progam-loses-three-players-to-transfer-portal-within-one-hour-after-it-opened/ar-BB1lIGt9

WWW.MSN.COM

• Haha 1

It looks like one of the three players will be missed for sure.

Mari(o) is now 12-13 at Miami. If Miami doesn't challenge for the ACC title this season, we could see a lot more players leaving the U. And maybe Mari(o) too. Manny Diaz, now the HC at Duke, was more successful as Miami's HC at half the money if that. 

Florida did not go bowling last year but in the 2024 opener in Gainesville, I think UF will defeat the U. No Clemson, Notre Dame on the schedule, and FSU in the Miami Dolphins stadium. This puts more pressure on the Canes and Cristobal. 

Mari(o) signed a 10-year, $80M deal plus bonuses. $16M in the first 2 seasons has produced a dozen wins; $1.33 M per victory. Hell of an ROI. 😁

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

A clear abuse of the word "legendary".

• Haha 2
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am sure Mario will figure it out...

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/16/2024 at 3:01 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Mari(o) is now 12-13 at Miami. If Miami doesn't challenge for the ACC title this season, we could see a lot more players leaving the U. And maybe Mari(o) too. Manny Diaz, now the HC at Duke, was more successful as Miami's HC at half the money if that. 

But Mario wins at recruiting! 

The fans are going to LOVE him until September rolls around. Then be underwhelmed and then frustrated and then angry at a season of lost opportunities. 

As Duck fans that's how most of us felt. 

Mario wins the off season. He gets big recruits, and improves his coaching roster (on paper) and it feels like everything is in place for something big. 

And then it falls apart on game day. 

Glad we have Lanning is all I can say! 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/16/2024 at 10:34 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I am sure Mario will figure it out...

giphy.gif

Glass ceiling. Purrrrfect.

On 4/16/2024 at 11:53 PM, David Marsh said:

The fans are going to LOVE him until September rolls around. Then be underwhelmed and then frustrated and then angry at a season of lost opportunities. 

As Duck fans that's how most of us felt. 

Perfect example of one of my favorite life "mantra's". 

"Remember, not getting what you want, is sometimes an incredible stroke of Luck!"

Definitely an upgrade with Coach Lanning.  GO DUCKS!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow!

Miami's Mari(o) hire ROI is far worse than I calculated above. How about $2.5 Million for every win? 🤣

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/everyone-same-reaction-miami-head-coach-mario-cristobal-shocking-2022-salary

Too much pressure on the highest-paid, single-season, private school coach? 

Laugh Out Loud!

And Charles was called out for seeing through this recruiting champ/coaching chump, early on? 

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/major-cfb-head-coach-mario-cristobal-pressure-transfer-portal-window

• Thumbs Up 1