FishDuck Article

A Big Opportunity for Kenny Dillingham

In commemoration of 4/20 this past Saturday, today we take four big-time hits, man: Kenny at ASU We tend to pull for former Ducks whether they are players or coaches. With that, and the fact that I have had many fun (i.e. fricken crazy) nights on Mill Street in Tempe, I am pulling for Kenny Dillingham to succeed at Arizona State. ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Darren Perkins of FishDuck.com gives his takes on some Oregon Ducks related sports topics.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

If Kenny does well it might just be another indicator the coaching game is a young man's game, in the modern era. Kenny just might be another sign the modern job of college coaching isn't for those who aren't young at heart, and body.

Interesting the dawgs go with being associated with greatness, but it is consistent. Much like their purple and gold, which can be tied to their attempt to align with the imperialistic past. That is just a facade, like their mens athletic program. 

Love your writing, thanks for all you do Darren!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/23/2024 at 6:22 AM, Haywarduck said:

If Kenny does well it might just be another indicator the coaching game is a young man's game, in the modern era. Kenny just might be another sign the modern job of college coaching isn't for those who aren't young at heart, and body.

Interesting the dawgs go with being associated with greatness, but it is consistent. Much like their purple and gold, which can be tied to their attempt to align with the imperialistic past. That is just a facade, like their mens athletic program. 

Love your writing, thanks for all you do Darren!

Thanks, Hayward. And a lot of the young man's game is being able to relate to today's athletes. There is a reason the greatest NFL ever doesn't have a job this year. 

I wish Kenny well during his layover at ASU.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

Wouldn't you love to see Utah and Arizona State do well in the Big-12?  Good men there as coaches...

Daily Delivery | Amazing Utah coach Kyle Whittingham can suddenly see into  the future

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/23/2024 at 10:46 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

I wish Kenny well during his layover at ASU.

Yeah, he's going places.

On 4/23/2024 at 11:30 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Wouldn't you love to see Utah and Arizona State do well in the Big-12?  Good men there as coaches...

Daily Delivery | Amazing Utah coach Kyle Whittingham can suddenly see into  the future

What?! You're not pulling for the mullet in Stillwater?

• Haha 1

In the last paragraph of the "Kenny at ASU" section, I think you meant parity instead of parody.  If not, I apologize.

The Mullet will be in Autzen in September 2025, perhaps coming off a B12 title and a playoff appearance. Utah plays at OK ST the week before it plays Arizona in SLC and OK ST misses Arizona. Stillwater is a tough place for a visiting team to win. OK ST brings back its 8th year or something like it, starting QB, All-American RB Ollie Gordon, and 5 starters on the OL.  

IMO, the B12 will go cannibal in conference games in 2024. The B12 champ will be in the playoff and a B12 champ, even with 3 losses, is odds on to have a 1st-round bye. 

Unfortunately, Dilly is leaking good players into the portal. Unfortunately, Dilly has to report to big-time Larry enabler Michael Crow ultimately. The guy who was going to 'revolutionize' college ball, "CEO" Herm Andrews was spanked by the NCAA with a five-year Show Cause penalty for Herm. Back at ESPN, I doubt that Herm cares. Antonio Pierce was slapped as much as the NCAA can slap an NFL head coach.