Charles Fischer

Big Recruiting Bump From Spring Game to Come

Apparently a number of recruits were wowed last weekend...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The environment was amazing and I loved every bit of my time there.” (He is the No. 2 prospect in the country at his position) “You can really feel the culture of the program!”  He has official visits to Oregon and Kansas State set for June. “Everything excites me about the Ducks!"

“The environment had a home feel to it for sure.” “The whole staff is welcoming all the time and I feel pretty tight with everyone on staff. What really excites me is how I feel like if you really want to come in and help the team, you could have a good chance to play. Also being able to play in offense like that. Checks every box.”

Oregon is different.”  “A lot of resources. Fan support is crazy. (They had) 40,000 at spring game. Looking forward to the official visit in June.” The Ducks are battling Miami, LSU, Georgia, Florida and Florida State to sign the five-star.

I could see my son playing here,” the elder said. “No distractions this far from home. School and football." 

Coach Lanning seems to be a genuine person who is about the players. His staff is very engaged with the recruits and their entire family. A lot of resources and they made sure it was pointed out.”

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

And because that was a fun spring game for the 40,000 fans in so many ways--they'll come back next year and help continue a great recruiting environment.  Lanning is killing it!

Come to Oregon...

Lanning2_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Terrific post, thank you, Charles. 

Unlike Prime Time, Dan 'gets' that you need a good group of recruits augmented by the portal.  Going one way, Dabo Swinney, or the other, Deion, is not a championship approach.

Great coverage on this! It would be special to have another 5☆ JStew in the program.

Am I the only one that looks at that young man next to DL and thinks "wow, that could be Arik Armstead 2.0"?

It has to be a big plus that so many of DL and staff's recruits got significant high quality snaps on Saturday. Several frosh stood out and the improvement in the 2nd year players, particularly on defense, was dramatic. "If you're good enough, you're old enough"

Going to the Spring Game is not only a fun day of spring football for me and my friends, it also helps support the recruiting machine sell that magic Autzen vibe.

• Applause 1

When you consider that it was raining Saturday morning--which would discourage some from coming, and we still had around 40,000 for a Spring Game?  The groundswell of interest might be bigger than we thought, as the season tickets selling out was a surprise too.  

Autzen will be ROCKING this fall!

Autzen_John Giustina.jpg

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/29/2024 at 1:49 PM, Charles Fischer said:

The groundswell of interest might be bigger than we thought, as the season tickets selling out was a surprise too.  

Autzen will be ROCKING this fall!

95% renewal plus 11,000 new season tickets were sold!!

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/29/2024 at 11:22 AM, NJDuck said:

95% renewal plus 11,000 new season tickets were sold!!

Hopefully, 10,000 of those new sales were NOT to tOSU fans!!

• Haha 1

Hopefully some were....so there will be single game tickets available for other games.

I am quite sure that this will happen often in future years with B1G fans, as it won't be for 4-5 years until we have the additional seating built.  If B1G fans can help sell-out Autzen at regular pricing?

Feels good to me...

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck