JabbaNoBargain

What About Beavis? Not Even G5 Love?

Oh no! Not even considered as a “G5” contender.

Though technically, I believe it’s now the highest ranked G5 conference champion that gets in, and Beavis is not in a G5 conference…but I don’t think this article accounted for that nuance and this is more of a top-12 non-P4 list.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Here's an early look at the 2024 Group of Five hierarchy after spring practices

• Wow 1

So let me get this right...Oregon has the No. 1 G5 team on our schedule in Boise State?  Poor Beavis is in a Netherworld?

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/10/2024 at 2:37 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Poor Beavis is in a Netherworld?

They're not P4 and they don't fully belong to the Mountain West Conference. 

I'd say BYU was in a similar spot until they joined a conference. They were better than a good portion of G5 but they weren't P5. They were somewhere in the middle. 

Oregon State and Washington State both exist in that middle zone and without an opportunity to win a G5 conference title I think they'll be blocked from the playoff unless Oregon State goes 12-0 and dominates all their MWC goes. This will require them beating the Ducks and I think the talent gap is just far too large at this point to happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure Rod Serling is the new commish for the Pig 2 based upon where they think they fit.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oregon State and Washington State, like Notre Dame and UConn, are Independents. 

Both Pac-2 schools are eligible for the playoff but they cannot play for a conference championship in the G5.

OSU can go 12-0 and not come close to taking the place of a P4 team from the B1G or the SEC that finishes 9-3. 

The two made a long-term fools' bargain with the Pac-10 fools that settled with them; settled a lawsuit where the plaintiffs were not seeking damages but ended up with a $300M+ windfall. The two will steal what they can before joining a G5 conference and will probably continue to receive Pac-12 playoff revenue until it runs out. I don't see the Pac-12 idiots who cratered once going after playoff revenue in the future. 

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)

Speaking of Beavis (with the still unannounced, imminent, intergalactic tv deal scoop broken by the Clown, for the 10th time last week), I see Grand Canyon will soon be joining the WCC for hoops.

Reality sandwiches for all!

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2024 at 11:18 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Speaking of Beavis (with the still unannounced, imminent, intergalactic tv deal scoop broken by the Clown, for the 10th time last week), I see Grand Canyon will soon be joining the WCC for hoops.

And Seattle University is joining the WCC!

Thank our lucky stars that we are not stuck outside of the super two conferences, because even the other two power conferences feel they are in a runner-up status. And the G5 teams… Yikes.

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/11/2024 at 2:18 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Grand Canyon is an apt addition.  After the purloined funds run out, the Pac-2 will have a most deep financial hole to crawl out of.

No doubt that GC's mascot, Thunder the Antelope, will bring in a HOLE lot of fans.