AllOregon

Quuaaack! No. 7 RB in Nation, Dierre Hill Commits to Oregon!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

With the passing attack being assembled for the long term at Oregon, a great running back could clean up.  

Beyond the first three RBs, I don’t see much in the way of wiggles, acceleration burst, or jump cuts.

I hear the Ducks may take two RBs in the 2025 class, and this was one I wanted!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

It has been said that he runs like a Dierre. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/10/2024 at 2:56 PM, Triphibius said:

It has been said that he runs like a Dierre. 

Better than running like a Derriere.

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1

He is a 4-Star with Rivals, and was offered by Notre Dame, Penn State, Michigan and Ohio StateA good one!

Dierre Hill scores three TDs in second half to key Althoff's comeback win  over Mater Dei

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

OBD,

In Dierre Hill's film, he does not just burst into the line. He seems to run laterally while waiting for a seam to open; when he recognizes that seam, he bursts through or along that seam. He has good burst speed and runs away from his pursuers, and he doesn't slow down even when two defenders have him surrounded; surprisingly, he just seems to change direction and run away from the defenders rather than through them. I had to smile watching him do that several times. Once he started moving away from pursuers, no one ever maintained a close position or closed that gap.

He was selected as the State's Gatorade Player of the Year; he will have a tougher challenge repeating that award; still, he and his team might consider throwing down the gauntlet and challenge people to beat them. I believe other teams will be waiting for them, and will want to stuff their attack.

I am curious to see what he could do on a serious lifting & speed program; although, most high schools have equipment available for all students that want to use them. Still, he's in a 1A program.

If Dierre continues attending camps and applies what he observes, learns and practices, he should be that much better a player and RB this coming year. It appears like the Midlands may be very good to the Ducks this year. 

VR, KCDuck1

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1

From what I've heard, Ohio State didn't just offer him, they really wanted him. 

On 5/10/2024 at 5:19 PM, Solar said:

Ohio State didn't just offer him, they really wanted him. 

I love winning recruiting battles against CK. ♥️

Pretty impressive victory for our new running back coach!

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

He plays at a smaller high school, but looks like he isn’t just running over smaller players like a Thomas Tyner. Tough to stay healthy trying to run everyone over. 

Good short burst and speed. Nice catch for the Ducks.

On 5/10/2024 at 1:35 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I hear the Ducks may take two RBs in the 2025 class, and this was one I wanted!

It would make sense because we're probably losing 2-3 at the end of this season. 

Whittington and James are probably both gone. I'm not sure on how many years are left on Harris' eligibility but I don't think it's many. If he has a good season he might be gone as well. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 5/10/2024 at 6:00 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Pretty impressive victory for our new running back coach!

The reason OSU really wanted him was because of Locklyn and Oregon's evaluation. Locklyn was recruiting him hard before and after leaving, yet Samples was able to close the deal on him for Oregon.

A pretty impressive win for the Ducks.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2