NJDuck

Iowa State's Jamie Pollard Says College Sports' Power Players are 'Going to Eat their Own'

One of the potential have-nots from the potential future of college athletics had a warning Thursday for the current and future haves of college football.

WWW.DESMOINESREGISTER.COM

Iowa State athletics director Jamie Pollard had strong words about the state of college sports, specifically as Big Ten and SEC benefit financially.

Should we take note for when he turns down a job with one of the P2?

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Big12 in 1996 included Big8 and 4 teams from SWC.

Have left:  Nebraska, Colorado, A&M, Missouri.

Added:  TCU, W. Virginia to get back to 10 teams by 2012.

Then added:  BYU, Houston, UCF, Cincinnati in 2023

In 2024 lose:  Texas, Oklahoma

In 2024 add:  Colorado, Utah, Arizona, ASU will be 16 teams

Going back to the 1996 season the all-games win percentage comparison of bottom 5 of 16:

.494 – Oregon St

.476 – WSU

.472 – Arizona

.429 – Colorado

.441 – Baylor

.421 – Iowa St

.343 - Kansas

Since 1996 to SEC:  A&M, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma

Since 1996 to B1G:  Nebraska

1996 remaining:  Kansas, KSU, Iowa St, Baylor, Tex Tech, Okie State, Colorado

In the NFL, will the AFL eat and destroy the NFL or vice versa? How about "NO!" BTW, Show Me the Money!

It may not be kind to the Cyclones of the CFB world but the marketplace will decide which ACC and B12 teams make the final cut.  Proposing an 80-team playoff is the last gasp from the folks left behind. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If the Big-2 conferences thin the herd as suggested above, then a great team could be 7-5 with what is left, and that won't fly.

No, we need the bottom half of the conferences for

cannon fodder....well that, and an occasional B-12 team!

giphy.gif

If we are making incredible money...why would we mess it up?

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Ok.. time for me to shamelessly self promote myself again.

I've been talking about this issue for years now! 

August 2nd 2022 

FISHDUCK.COM

The great college football schism is coming, and it will fracture college football in a way that will shake the...

August 16, 2022

FISHDUCK.COM

The Great College Football Schism is Coming, and it will leave College Football divided between the...

That second one feels like with the G5 being forced to break off that that might be the thing that happens there. 

August 22, 2023 

FISHDUCK.COM

Last year I wrote an article about the Coming College Football Schism where there will be two conferences...

Of course the ACC is next on the chopping block... There aren't any programs worth acquiring from the Big 12.

And of course we have new overlords

July 2022 

FISHDUCK.COM

This will come as no surprise to any of you, but the NCAA is dead. It ceded away its power to the major...

And to be blunt about it ... It's the media companies that are pulling the strings here. Sure some bad decisions from the pac-12 but it was the media companies that killed the conference in the end. 

FISHDUCK.COM

FOX and Disney/ESPN control virtually all of college sports. The Pac-12 has failed to make a deal with either of...

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I find it funny that some are only now ringing the alarm. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon? I have a Big Ten Championship Game to attend, and this filet marinated in Big 12 tears is a little dry."

• Haha 2