Charles Fischer

WHAT? 19 Oregon State Softball Players Portal OUT?

Holy Toledo!  I guess the West Coast Conference is not to their preference next year?  But 19 leaving? Wowsa.  

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The Beavers must heavily rebuild during the next few months to replace a roster that includes only three players plus four high school recruits

If I were Beaver Baseball fans...I would be holding my breath when the season ends.

• Wow 1

Mr. FishDuck

Sinking Ship From Video FP.jpg

Oregon State Athletics...  

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/29/2024 at 6:31 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Oregon State Athletics...

2 1/2 hours premature! It hasn't sank....yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

It’s interesting to see how much denial their fans are still in. The same thing has happened with every sport this year, yet they continue to be surprised and looking for some other reason they lost entire rosters once each season ended.

One day I may start to feel empathy for Beavis, but today is not that day.

Enjoy the bean counting victories…your reality sandwich is fast approaching.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/29/2024 at 11:35 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

You are BRUTAL, but...

giphy.gif

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/30/2024 at 2:35 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

It’s interesting to see how much denial their fans are still in. The same thing has happened with every sport this year, yet they continue to be surprised and looking for some other reason they lost entire rosters once each season ended.

Corvallis - More 'Traitors' per capita than any other place on Earth.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

All of us here at OBD knew this would happen when it appeared no other conference was interested in taking them in.

We just didn't realize it would be so sudden.

If they stay with MWC teams, I don't see Civil War games continuing yearly, for any sports, save maybe baseball.

They won't want that beat down every year.

I don't feel sorry for them one bit.

All I've ever heard from that fan base is negative, smart a$$ comments.

I do try to temper my joy though, it's not good to rejoice at others misfortune, but laughing, that's fine. 😆 🤣

• Haha 1

One thing I wonder about, as we start to see “Top G5” rankings come out with Liberty and BSU rated in the top 3 almost universally…are the PIG2 being included with that grouping and really not cracking anyone’s top 10?

I'm guessing most of these G5 rankings have an eye towards who can get the playoff birth? Good to be in purgatory Beavis.

Going to be a serious “reality sandwich” if Beavis stoops to a G5 schedule affiliation while clinging to being in the PAC, and then proceeds to go 6-6. 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

I played in a golf tournament recently and played in a group with a bitter rodent grad. He actually said that U of O, by itself no less, could have saved the PAC. 

Apparently, in their scrambled egg brains, they think that we have an unlimited supply of capital, and superpowers. We should have used both for the greater good of the PAC, and OSU. 

I tried to keep from laughing out loud. 

Their alumni need to quit blaming someone else for their problems, and start coming up with solutions.

• Applause 1

On 5/30/2024 at 11:42 AM, DanLduck said:

If they stay with MWC teams, I don't see Civil War games continuing yearly, for any sports, save maybe baseball.

They won't want that beat down every year.

I agree with this.  In fact I believe the difference will be obvious before the first half ends of the Civil War this fall.

I am REAL curious to see what Beaver Baseball players do, because thus far--each sport is moving to Mountain West quality, and the question is whether Baseball goes the same way.

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

"I do try to temper my joy though, it's not good to rejoice at others misfortune, but laughing, that's fine."

Rejoice...laughing....

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/30/2024 at 11:52 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Going to be a serious “reality sandwich” if Beavis stoops to a G5 schedule affiliation while clinging to being in the PAC, and then proceeds to go 6-6. 

This is a very real possibility, IMHO.

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/30/2024 at 1:26 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I agree with this.  In fact I believe the difference will be obvious before the first half ends of the Civil War this fall.

I am REAL curious to see what Beaver Baseball players do, because thus far--each sport is moving to Mountain West quality, and the question is whether Baseball goes the same way.

There is still good baseball there, isn't there?

Fresno St., San Diego St., Sacramento St?

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2024 at 1:54 PM, DanLduck said:

There is still good baseball there, isn't there?

Fresno St., San Diego St., Sacramento St?

If memory serves me, they are trying to go independent.