Steven A

Ducks Come in at Number Two in QB Rooms Per Pro Football Focus

College Football Fans Rip Into Rankings Of Top 10 QB Rooms In 2024 - Athlon Sports

1. Georgia

2. Oregon

3. Texas

4. Ohio State

5.  'Bama

6.  Ole Miss

7.  Florida

8.  Notre Dame

9.  Penn State

10.  Mizzu

Maybe someone else can get the article to load

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 4:05 PM, Steven A said:

Maybe someone else can get the article to load

It loaded in reader view.

Had I been asked this question myself before seeing the article, I'd have said Georgia Oregon and Texas and would have admitted that the order was debatable. Most expect Carson Beck to soar in his second season as a starter. But it is also legit to argue that Gabriel, with multiple years of starting experience may have an edge. Time will tell, but I think Beck has a deeper pool of talented receivers than Gabriel has, which may tip the scales a bit here.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/1/2024 at 1:12 AM, Nevada Dawg said:

Had I been asked this question myself before seeing the article, I'd have said Georgia Oregon and Texas and would have admitted that the order was debatable. Most expect Carson Beck to soar in his second season as a starter. But it is also legit to argue that Gabriel, with multiple years of starting experience may have an edge. Time will tell, but I think Beck has a deeper pool of talented receivers than Gabriel has, which may tip the scales a bit here.

I’m extremely excited to watch both Beck and Gabriel this season.  I expect both of them to play at an elite level this Fall.  They will both be leading offenses that, barring terrible injury luck, will be loaded with great talent across the board!  From the RBs to the pass catchers and O-lines, I don’t anticipate any weaknesses from either offense.  In fact I expect the opposite.  

I don’t know which of these QBs to give an edge to at this point.  The one thing I’m sure of is that I can’t wait to watch how things play out this season!  

Go Dawgs!!!  &  Go Ducks!!!

Edited by SoGaDawg
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 2

IDK how many of you watched the Spring Games this year.  I actually would put Texas and Alabama ahead of OBD based on performance.

However, I believe that is because at both programs, as well as Georgia, their QBs had the benefit of knowing their respective systems ( actually at Bama, their WRs) for more than a year.  That will change come October, and early November ( when we can revisit DG's performance).

Dante Moore is going to be really, really good.  But he is going to fight tooth and nail to start next year , so depth wise, Oregon rivals all three schools.  

OBD are in the best situation ever at QB, and it will be up to coach Lanning to keep his talented depth the way  Georgia and Bama have for nearly a decade.  The backup QBs at all four schools are good enough to start at Ohio State and Michigan this year.  That's how good they are.  

I really can't wait till we start getting trolled by Buckeye and Wolverine fans ( trust me it's coming- Ohio State fans already recognize we're a threat to their recruiting treadmill).  They would disagree with my assessment on the backups. 

Trust me, all four schools are in better shape than UM and tOSU at present. At least at the QB position. Now, if we could keep Will Stein for another 3-4 years...

On 6/1/2024 at 5:49 PM, Mike West said:

I really can't wait till we start getting trolled by Buckeye and Wolverine fans

giphy.gif

Not Me... (The Ban Button is going to be busy)

Mr. FishDuck

Maybe you will be starting (the bans) with that Fisher dude who claims that Lanning better get out of Eugene if he knows what's good for him. He seems like he could be high on the troll quotient.

On 6/1/2024 at 10:03 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

Maybe you will be starting (the bans) with that Fisher dude who claims that Lanning better get out of Eugene if he knows what's good for him. He seems like he could be high on the troll quotient.

Well, he didn't post here, and this group is pretty good as skewering him!

Mr. FishDuck