jrw

QUAAACK! 4-Star OT Ziyare Addison Commits to Ducks

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks got a commitment from 4-star OT Ziyare Addison on Monday, the No. 14 tackle in the 2025 class.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't fully ignore star rankings, but these days, I look to see what other schools were recruiting the player.

Sounds like he picked the Ducks over tosu, Michigan, and Georgia (among others).

That's good news I'll take any day of the week!

• Thumbs Up 1

50 offers, some blue bloods some not so blue, but, holy cow fiddy!

Wowsa.  This is SO IMPORTANT, as frankly the OL recruiting has not had the same level of success as all other positions in the past two years under Lanning.  Portal?  Yes, but high school recruiting has been OK, not great compared to the trenches on the defensive side.

Remember, Rivals is a tougher ranking, and he is a 4-Star with them and was offered by 13 teams of the SEC, including Georgia and Alabama, Oklahoma, TAMU, etc. Most all the biggies including Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, and even USC offered as well and Our Beloved Ducks prevailed!  Whew!

N.RIVALS.COM

Ziyare Addison - 2025 4 Star Offensive tackle for Carrollwood Day (Tampa, FL) on Rivals.com

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

BTW....that makes seven of eight commits are Rivals 4-5 Stars, and that will help our Blue-Chip rating in the future!

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

The definitive source for all Oregon news.

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Great pickup! Physically college ready OT from deep in SEC territory?  I'll take those any day of the week!

From Georgia Bulldogs "Dog Daily."

Ziyare Addison Announces College Commitment 

2025 offensive lineman Ziyare Addison has announced his college football commitment to the Oregon Ducks.

As the offseason rolls on, the Georgia Bulldogs have been constantly making moves  to build momentum for their 2025 recruiting class. However, one of their offensive line prospects for the class has announced his college commitment and he did not choose the Bulldogs. Ziyare Addison has announced his commitment to the Oregon Ducks.

The four-star recruit was just recently in Eugene, Oregon on a visit this past weekend and it appears that head coach Dan Lanning and his staff managed to seal the deal over the weekend. Other porgams that were in the mix were Georgia, UCLA, Ohio State and Michigan.

The big time prospect out of the state of Florida is viewed as one of the top tackles in the class.

WWW.SI.COM

2025 offensive lineman Ziyare Addison has announced his college football commitment to the Oregon Ducks. As the offseason rolls on, the Georgia Bulldogs have b

No doubt Oregon will have to work hard to retain this verbal, as Florida is a long ways away...

DuckZone503 | 2025 On300 Tampa (Fl.) sumner OT Ziyare Addison is ready for  his official visit with Oregon 👀🦆 (Via Max Torres on X) - (FOLLOW... |  Instagram

I LIKEY....

UGA Recruiting: Elite Offensive Lineman Has a Special Connection to Kirby  Smart – Field Street Forum

Mr. FishDuck

Getting as far away from Mario as possible is quite understandable. I’d also expect OL recruitment to get the same attention as DL recruitment got this year.

• Thumbs Up 2

Our insiders say Ziyaire is truly a good one and didn't see this commitment coming. Lanning may have to work to hold him and great get if you can. This may be one of the guys Kirby and crew will continue to recruit till signing day however. 

• Thumbs Up 2