Charles Fischer

Canzano Continues the Pig-2 Charade, But He IS Moral!

It is hard to believe the amount of writing he does pretending that reality does not exist.  Below are his comment, and some Mr. FishDuck thoughts about them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Suppose Oregon State and WSU were going to add eight G5 teams to their conference. Who would be the top choices? For me: SDSU, Boise State, Memphis, Tulane, USF, UConn, Colorado State, and UNLV. — @IceDevilCA

A: I’m only adding six unless you put a gun to my head. I prefer to wait and see what happens in the ACC and the rest of the landscape. But San Diego State would be at the top of my “want” list. The geography works and you’ve got a toe back in Southern California. After that, I’ll take Boise State, Colorado State, UNLV, Fresno State, and Air Force.

FD: The free-market has shown that the Pig-2 are not Power-4 quality, and what is listed above is simply shifting Mountain West teams into a another conference. The Pac-whatever would still be just another Group-of-Five conference, and no amount of Pig-2 lipstick can change that.

That maintains geographical integrity and gets the Pac-12 to the NCAA’s minimum of eight conference members. If Stanford and Cal are eventually available and interested, I’d want some room to add them, but I wonder if the Bay Area schools would be caught dead alongside the members I’ve noted.

For those who think that OSU and WSU should just accept relegation and join the MWC, I’d offer that they’d be surrendering more than $200 million in assets by doing so. That would be dumb. Under the circumstances, you’re either rebuilding or accepting a no-brainer invitation to a P4 conference.

FD: Of course!  If you have been overpaid for decades by the Pac, and you can steal 200 million you did not earn...why shouldn't you steal from other former conference members?  Canzano is SUCH a good guy, such a moral man!

giphy.gif

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

There is no scenario where the grand return of the P5 version of the P12 happens without UO/UW/USC/UCLA somehow returning. Does adding the PIG2 to the MWC make it a power conference? If the answer is no, then the reverse doesn’t somehow make it so.

Their best/only shot is to somehow join the B12 (if it loses some teams) and hope it stays relevant.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

The Pig-2 want to pull the ultimate rip-off.  They want to steal the money, AND join a Power-4 conference after everything shakes out over the next two years. 

If they worked as hard to build their brand and audience, as they are at stealing millions from others--they would not be in this fix.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

OSU, and WSU football highlights over the years has been mainly as spoilers within the conference.

They can talk about “ what if” scenarios all they want, but what colleges want to make long term financial decisions based upon joining two teams that haven’t got anything to offer? 

The fees/penalties OSU/WSU would have to pay to take a few Mt. West teams in the next couple years would be steep…

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/story/2024-01-11/san-diego-state-sdsu-aztecs-mountain-west-pac-12-football-scheduling-agreement-poaching-penalties

Likewise, OSU/WSU will be unwilling to risk their full shares of Judge Libey’s Bag by joining another conference

https://sports360az.com/pac-12-survival-tallying-the-cash-available-to-washington-state-and-oregon-state-for-rebuilding-the-conference/

Thus, they will wait wait wait, while hoping to cast themselves as "victims" and garner a sympathetic sportswriter treatment.

Charles ain't buying it, and neither should the rest of us.

• Thumbs Up 1

'You stole the money, don't give it back!' 

Has more righteous, moral advice ever been offered? 

'Never forget this son: Don't Get Caught!

The Pig 2 are dead to us . . . and the rest of Power 4 football conferences.  Check the pudding.