Charles Fischer

So Sweet: Oregon is OBLITERATING Washington in Recruiting!

Look, we are not at the top of the rankings yet for 2025 high school signees, but by the end...we will have a blockbuster class because this year is "harvest" time for all the seeds that the Lanning staff has planted over the last two years.  The most recent offensive tackle verbal spoke of how Dan Lanning has been recruiting him for a couple of years.

Note below that Oregon has eight verbals thus far, and

all but one is a Rivals 4-Star?  A super high quality class!

Recruiting-Oregon 6-11.jpg

Omigosh!  Washington has five verbals, and NONE are 4-Stars?

Recruiting-Washington 6-11.jpg

Good gosh, the class at Oregon State compares closer

to the Huskies class than the Oregon class does. Wowsa.

Recruiting-Oregon State 6-11.jpg

It does my heart good to see them both at an 

equally BAD level!

Bow down to the Huskies? Naw, before long they

will be Lanning's Lapdogs!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Mic drop 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/11/2024 at 11:59 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Naw, before long they

will be Lanning's Lapdogs!

Seriously, I wouldn't even let them in the house EVEN IF they were potty trained (which isn't likely)!

• Thumbs Up 1

It's the pickiness of Oregon that is also astounding. I was browsing offers for kids in the state of Oregon and the Ducks have offered very very few. 

247SPORTS.COM

The 247Sports rankings are determined by our recruiting analysts after countless hours of personal...

This would have been unheard of ten years ago. Lanning knows what he wants and the state doesn't produce the talent he needs. 

The Huskies, Cougs and Beavis are all bigger players for the vast majority of the state's talent. 

The Ducks are going big and that means southern California, Texas, the South and anywhere else in the country. 

Looks like Oregon might be locking up some of the State of Washington's talent over the Huskies as well. 

• Applause 1

On 6/11/2024 at 1:51 PM, David Marsh said:

Looks like Washington built their wall at the northern border.

• Haha 1

What Husky fans are writing about their recruiting on a Washington forum....OUCH!

" I feel like we aren’t benefiting much from a national title run on the recruiting front. Not trying to be negative but man I want to see some four stars commit."

"Probably more nervous now than I was last week. It’s tough coming out of this weekend and seeing recruits we are targeting starting to trend in other directions….. and frick as I type this Dixson committed to PSU. Yeah, I’m starting to worry about how this class will look particularly with the June 21 visitor list becoming very hazy."

"I brought this up before, but not seeing any of the 14 uncommitted visitors commit two weeks ago is a red flag. We are already seeing other schools close recruits we are after right after there visit. That’s a major concern."

"We have done more then Oregon in the last ten years and i just was hoping for a little buzz that is all."

"In 2022 the Quacks, U$C and ND all got new coaches... their 2023 recruiting classes were 8, 9 and 12. In 2023v Auburn got a new coach, their 2024 class was top 10....Great recruiters, recruit great out of the gate..."

"I just expected a few four stars by now when all our rivals have some. My point is why isn’t the school the main selling point? Why do kids desire to go to Oregon, SMU and all these other schools that I don’t think measure up to the huskies legacy? I do think the past ten years have warranted better recruiting for the football team especially when the basketball team is absolutely doing great with recruiting and they haven’t been successful in a very long time.

Oregon has gone through like three coaching changes in ten years and they keep getting recruits. So I don’t want to hear the coaching change as an excuse we played for a national title and the fact we don’t have a four star committed right now is very very worrisome. In no way should a national title team have the 66th recruiting class i am sorry. Also with DeBoer we had the lowest recruiting class ever for a playoff team. I feel like i have a right to question what is going wrong with recruiting."

"UW should aspire to be as good as Oregon when it comes to recruiting. And when Oregon has a coaching change they don't take a dip in recruiting or blame a change in coaching staff, they simply go out and get a top 25 class."

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Whoops! A Washington Whoosh!

Hometown official visit for Washington OL Demetri Manning

Everybody loves Dan Lanning, including

Demetri Manning who verbaled today.

Oregon brings in OL Demetri Manning for his official visit

• Great post! 1

Mr. FishDuck

I'm sure the Huskies will

survive this just fine...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Yes this fact is certainly entertaining and satisfying.  However....seems to me that Oregon Recruiting (both highschool and the portal) is actually obliterating "most" teams in the country!

Just sweeter that it is such a recruiting "beat down" to dem dogs from the north!

Go Ducks!

I'm certain that Fusky will embrace their newfound B1G academic and recruiting prowess by proudly declaring:

"We are the Rutgers of the West!"

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2024 at 6:01 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I feel like we aren’t benefiting much from a national title run on the recruiting front. Not trying to be negative but man I want to see some four stars commit."

Do they still think DeBoer is there? 

I mean look at Michigan. They lost the coach who actually WON the championship and they aren't looking so hot right now as well. 

But to make things delightfully worse for Washington is that they can't point at their roster and say "hey look at the talent returning. We can be competitive without our former head coach" 

Instead they can point at the dumpster fire. At least Michigan still has talent on their roster. 

• Thumbs Up 1

"We have done more then Oregon in the last ten years and i just was hoping for a little buzz that is all."

Is this really accurate? How many conference championships does each have  in the last decade? I know both have had a NCG appearance. How many Rose Bowl wins? How many bowl wins period? .... I dunno if I agree with that mutt. 

(P.S. .... than* .... Bad dog! )

Edited by Krsmqn

On 6/12/2024 at 1:48 PM, Krsmqn said:

"We have done more then Oregon in the last ten years and i just was hoping for a little buzz that is all."

Is this really accurate? How many conference championships does each have  in the last decade? I know both have had a NCG appearance. How many Rose Bowl wins? How many bowl wins period? .... I dunno if I agree with that mutt. 

(P.S. .... than* .... Bad dog! )

Oregon and Washington have won the same amount of CFP games. Sure Washington had one more CFP appearance. 

Oregon has won more bowl games andore major bowl games. 

Oregon has won a Heisman.

Conference championships since 2014 I think are even if we are only looking at the last ten years. 

Extend the timeline past a decade and Oregon has done way more.

And the Ducks will continue to do way more. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2