Charles Fischer

QUAAACK! Offensive Lineman Demetri Manning Commits to Oregon!

More coming...

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Bellevue? From the Husky Heartland?

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck

He is a Rivals 3-Star, who was offered by ArkansasMiamiFlorida State and of course....Washington!

Max Torres on X: "#Oregon 🦆 hosted mammoth 2025 Bellevue (Wash.) OL  Demetri Manning for his official visit over the weekend and the Ducks may  be setting the bar in his recruitment. "

Mr. FishDuck

From the Max Torres On3 interview....

“I grew up an Oregon fan, I grew up a Duck fan. I was the only Duck fan in the house. For me, it’s like a dream come true. At Oregon you can be yourself. I love the campus, I love all the support they offer. So that’s the reason why I committed to Oregon."

"Everybody tries to say something negative about Oregon because they don’t have what that college has. Dan Lanning throws out facts. I love Dan Lanning, I love Coach (A’lique) Terry, I love Cav (Mike Cavanaugh). That’s what made me want to commit.”

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

This kid's size is massive! 

I wouldn't be surprised to see his star rating jump up to 4. You can't teach size and he has that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon landed a commitment from Bellevue (Wash.) offensive lineman Demetri Manning on Tuesday...

Mr. FishDuck

While he’s only a 3-star, stars are less relevant to linemen.

The stars represent potential for immediate impact.

A lot of linemen need better nutrition and weight training to reach their potential. But you can’t teach size and brains.

And this guy’s enthusiasm is a big plus—he’ll work hard and be a great teammate.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/11/2024 at 6:36 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

While he’s only a 3-star, stars are less relevant to linemen.

Amen Duck-Sister, as the difference between the 3-Star and 4-Star is often who is more ready to play now. 

N.RIVALS.COM

Hroniss Grasu - 3 Star Offensive center for Oregon on DuckSportsAuthority

He was only 260 pounds coming out of high school? And yet the coaches had him up to 285 for the season, and he started as a freshman!

For most--we looking patiently at the upside, as so many have developed nicely at Oregon.  

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Per 24/7

Manning is a massive offensive lineman prospect and one of the most physical players in the region. He plays with an edge and the kind of nastiness you love to see in the trenches. He's violent with his punch and is a finisher. He's not content just shadowing an opposing lineman but wants to bury him in to the ground. He's pushing 6-7 and 345 pounds and has a ton of length with an 83" wingspan. For his size, Manning moves well, plays a lot of left tackle at the HS level. He could play the right tackle spot in college but we like him long term as an interior lineman and he has all the traits to be an outstanding guard and a multi-year starter. He can fire out of his stance, plays with sound technique, uses his hands well and his feet are always moving. He has a huge a lower half and does a nice job anchoring and once he's set, you're not pushing him backward. He's a dominant run blocker, strong at the point of attack and can get to the second level. Manning can cave in a whole side of a defensive line by himself and he's a true enforcer type who seems to find joy in punishing an opponent. As mentioned, he moves well for his size but would love to see him lean out a bit and if he was able to play closer to 330, the improvement in quickness would take his game to another level. His ceiling is high and if he continues to develop at his current rate, there is no doubt he has an NFL upside to him." - Greg Biggins, national recruiting analyst

• Applause 3
  • Like 1

Per CBS

Sneaky-Good Commit: IOL Demetri Manning to Oregon

If anyone needs any further proof that Dan Lanning is building an SEC-like program out West, look no further than Manning's commitment. Kirby Smart has done his best to hoard mass at Georgia, and his protege Lanning is starting to do the same at Oregon. Three-star lineman Demetri Manning, who picked the Ducks over Washington and Miami on June 11, is one of the largest prospects that we have come across in the 2025 cycle as he tips the scales at just over 6-foot-6, 345 pounds. He's going to need to melt down and get the body right once he arrives on campus, but Oregon could potentially pair him up front with another monster of a human in Class of 2024 signee JacQawn McRoy (6-foot-6, 365 pounds) at some point down the line.

• Cool 1

On 6/11/2024 at 5:48 PM, David Marsh said:

This kid's size is massive! 

I wouldn't be surprised to see his star rating jump up to 4. You can't teach size and he has that. 

And he has an impressive list of schools that have offered, include our old friend in Miami, who does know a thing or two about offensive lineman. 

Glad that he grew up a Ducks fan and gets to play in Eugene. I’ll be cheering for him and hope he’s able to accomplish all of his goals here. 

• Go Ducks! 1