30Duck

What Is Going On Here?

Ohio State lost to Oregon, but are above them in the rankings? Yes, they are, at the end of the season if both are 1 L teams, the Ducks have a strong case to be above the Buckeyes. But for now, the Buckeyes and Ducks have played about the same quality of schedule,; the Ducks have gotten by, except for Stanford, while Ohio State has stomped their opponents, averaging 49 points a game. So, for now tOSU being above the Ducks isn't wrong,

But, what of Clemson. They were on top of the college football world. Dabo was challenging Saban. But this year it has fallen apart. Trevor Lawrence is gone, but DJ  U. filled in last season and was fine. He'll be great.

He has not been great.

The Clemson offense is Off, and unlike at Oklahoma, Dabo does not have a 5 * QB to bring in,  Does Clemson get back on top or do they fall to the bottom of the ACC?

2021 - More top 25 Ls to date than since the advent of the AP Poll.

In the ACC I expect Dabo will do again in the near future?

It ain't over before before the Fat Lady ESPN PO Committee sings. Traditionally, the O in Ohio rings truer than does the O in Oregon? 

It reminds of what Ol' Minnesota Viking Coach Bud Grant used to say...."to have a successful life as a football coach--you need a good wife, a good hunting dog and a good quarterback.  And not in that order..."

Oregon and Clemson share some similar frustrations this year.

How good would Oregon be a GREAT quarterback right now?  (Whew!)

Akili Smith_John Giustina.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

I wonder what the chance is that DJ U enters the transfer portal? If so, does he consider coming back to Oregon after choosing Clemson over us? I wonder if he is wishing he had chosen differently? Is part of the problem he is having related to distance from home.....cultural etc.? I know when I tried to move to the south I had a hell of a time and ended up back in Oregon fairly quickly.

Ohio State still has to play Michigan (on the road), Michigan State and Penn State, so the chances they stay with one loss are not good.

On 10/25/2021 at 3:56 PM, jrw said:

Ohio State still has to play Michigan (on the road), Michigan State and Penn State, so the chances they stay with one loss are not good.

Unfortunately I don't think Penn State has a chance, Michigan State, maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it, and I always root for Michigan, and it usually doesn't work out that way.

If Ohio State and Oregon win out the unbiased SEC/ESPN Selection Committee (tongue in cheek)  better hope for multiple 2 loss teams.

Add in an undefeated Cincinnati,  a one loss ND. An undefeated or one loss Oklahoma or Wake Forest. Going to expose these frauds for what they are.

Hope the Ducks are partvof the equation. Win out Ducks...

Not too worried about the AP/Coaches polls. The CFP committee is the one that counts. The AP/Coaches poll make for good media hype talk.