Smith72

Blast From the Past - Kenjon Barner

Another highlight of one of my favorite Ducks.

321 yards and 5 touchdowns against those "trojans" of USC.

• Go Ducks! 3
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thanks Smith72. My wife and I were at this game. A truly spectacular performance. We had great seats, surrounded by USC fans and at the end they were wishing us the best and saying "We hope Oregon goes all the way this year". Alas, it was not to be. Walking back to our car, I was yelling Kenjon Barner for President. This was also an election year.

• Thumbs Up 1

One of the best stiffys in the game. You could sound overlay the road runners “beep, beep” to some of his runs . Came in as a 3 star cornerback.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amazing how many times he was not touched till 3-4 yards down the field.  Had some really good offensive linemen and with a really good back, that offensive was hard to stop.

• Thumbs Up 1

I too was at this game. Got LaMike's autograph at the pregame tailgate tent.

Btw, this was a major rebound season for Kenjon.

The season prior he was nearly decapitated at WSU and he gave serious thought to quitting football as he rehabbed.

So glad he didn't. Had a magnificent season and a pretty good NFL career.

3 superbowl rings. Not bad.

• Thumbs Up 2

Watched the SUC alumni around me head for the exits early. Green and yellow was not a primary color on the 40 yard line…lol

Tough guy, I do remember the hit that took him out on a return…scary moment. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Not the same game but this spectacular catch vs. USC  happened right in front of us.  

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/27/2024 at 11:41 AM, Duckman60 said:

Amazing how many times he was not touched till 3-4 yards down the field.  Had some really good offensive linemen and with a really good back, that offense {sic} was hard to stop.

That was such a fun game to watch. If one is an O-Line afficionado/fan and/or a running back (RB) fan, what a game to watch! The Duck O-Line personnel are not only doing a great job blocking, but they are all great athletes in terrific condition. Most of the holding is SC D-LIne and LB holding; they just can't move fast enough to get off the blocks. That speaks to the SC lack of quickness and correct hand placement; and, the SC D-line players are sucking wind (although not like the LSU D-line was sucking wind when the Ducks played them in Arlington, but LSU did win that game - too many mistakes by our young players).

Thanks for posting that video. Those were some great memories.

VR,

KCDuck1

• Thumbs Up 1